Moto Actions: New Gesture "Lift for Moto Voice"

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Now this is a very cool feature, and I'm surprised this is the first anyone has mentioned it. Source Link--Computerworld

The new command is called "Lift for Moto Voice." Unlike the other gesture commands, it's turned off by default.

Once you activate it, you gain a new and more discrete way to use Motorola's expanded Android voice command system: In addition to being able to say your launch phrase aloud anytime the phone is within earshot to activate the system and interact with it via the phone's speaker, you can move the phone from your waist to your ear to speak commands and get responses directly through the earpiece -- so only you will hear them.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Gesture -- "Lift for Moto Voice"

I've seen this mentioned. Sounds like a great new feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Gesture -- "Lift for Moto Voice"

Sadly, the "wave to dismiss" gesture is gone. I used that a few times and liked that trick.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It is AWESOME. It provides the perfect alternative to having to say your wake-up phrase out loud, and get your answers out loud. Works flawlessly.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble getting the flashlight gesture to work? It's weird, I just can't seem to do it right haha. The camera one works every single time.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble getting the flashlight gesture to work? It's weird, I just can't seem to do it right haha. The camera one works every single time.
Start with the phone in you hand horizontally. Point the audio jack across the room. Now chop down twice, pretty fast. I heard a handshake is a good comparison.

Moto X Pure Edition (Verizon)

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This is an awesome feature. Using it, loving it... If your someone who loves moto voice, but doesn't want to talk to your phone in public - now you can appear to be having a regular conversation.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had used this once or twice in the past week, but this morning I used it and it froze the phone! It was stuck with the active display on and wouldn't respond to anything. It rebooted itself and everything went back to normal after a bit.

Sent from my XT1575

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I was having trouble, but was told to not use any wrist and now 95% of the time, it works everytime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21