What micro SD card are you using with your Moto X Pure Edition?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i just got me the pure edition set to arrive on thursday, which is a major update from moto x 2013. However, what sd card should i get? I want a top notch card that has very fast read and write speeds, is around 64gb (i heard the 128 isnt that good performance wise), and is reliable, such as not locking up on the user and doesnt quit out after a month. Can someone give me a suggestion or suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey, so im about to order the Pure Edition, is there anything that cant be put on the microsd card? Like, will i run out of room for apps if i only get the lowest storage capacity (16gb). I plan on getting a 64gb card before i actually get the program.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
None for me so far -- I snagged the 64 GB version. I won't fill it for a long time lol.

Normally though I use Sandisk.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
200GB Sandisk that was on sale for $!50 at Amazon (183GB available). Got the card loaded up just to test it's efficiency and working fine with all media thrown at it including my Gear VR :) Should work fine in the Pure. Whenever I actually get it.....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's personal preference but I've always used SanDisk. I'd recommend at least a Class 10 though. You can always find deals on them online.

On a side note, when I switch devices I send all my data to the pc, then format the card with the new device and then copy the data back. Is this needed? Who knows but I have zero issues.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
200GB Sandisk that was on sale for $!50 at Amazon (183GB available). Got the card loaded up just to test it's efficiency and working fine with all media thrown at it including my Gear VR :) Should work fine in the Pure. Whenever I actually get it.....

Just to be clear(for my FYI) , i thought the max size SD card for the Moto Pure is 128GB. I know you can put any size in but it will only read 128GB ?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear(for my FYI) , i thought the max size SD card for the Moto Pure is 128GB. I know you can put any size in but it will only read 128GB ?

It should have no problem, since the memory addressing design of the card is no different than going from 64GB to 128GB. This is one of the reasons there is no 256GB micro sd yet, since apparently there would be a compatibility issue due to current fabrication of micro sd memory. It works at least with the one year old Note 4 and GalaxyTab 8.4S.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so im about to order the Pure Edition, is there anything that cant be put on the microsd card? Like, will i run out of room for apps if i only get the lowest storage capacity (16gb). I plan on getting a 64gb card before i actually get the program.

Yes. Apps are not meant to be on the SD card. There are ways to do it, but while you'll find people on various forums who swear by it, I've found that every single time, it's exactly when issues arise on the phone. As soon as you start putting apps on the SD card. There are rumors going around that Android M will handle things differently and treat all storage as one storage space, so then you'd assume it would maybe be more OK? But that's just speculation. So as the phone ships, 16gb (less really... I'm not sure how much of that is actually usable) is all you'll ever have for actual apps. The SD card can get everything else... Music, pictures, etc etc.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently using an LG G3 and I've been using this 32gb SD card that came free with the HTC Thunderbolt lol ... Guess I should finally step that up when I get my Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fastest/Best SD Card?

The largest and fastest you can afford. Always stick to the big names though. Samsung have a cheap fast range out now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fastest/Best SD Card?

Any name brand uhs-3 should be good

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member