What are you using for your launch phrase w/ Moto Assist? (Moto X Pure Edition)

Tish Winton

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Im coming from an original moto x where the voice assist worked really well and always woke up right away when i would say my launch phrase. I got the MXPE and it seems to never wake up well when i say my phrase, like i have to say it multiple times for it to register. Im using "Ok Google Now" as my phrase like it suggests. Ive tried the other phrase with Moto X that it has it in, but it just doesn't work well like it use to when the phone was off...Depressing at best.
Also coming from a 1st gen X and found this thread while searching for #whattheheck is wrong with the launch phrase setup on my MXPE?!?
Took 3 days of trying for me to get any phrase alI set up. Nothing really custom would work so I ended up with 'Ok Moto X'.
I named my 1st gen RoXy, so my phrase was 'service please RoXy', and it worked almost perfectly. This one only works about half the time, and that's including when the screen is on. GrrRr.

Last edited:

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I use the one it says is most reliable. "Ok Google Now.". And it still missed it half the time.
Perhaps it needs to be relearned.

My launch phrase (see above) is dead reliable. It's only problem is that it used to be activated by a certain TV commercial for ARBY'S. Thankfully that commercial is no longer aired. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz