Occasional Glitch on Touch Input

ceepan

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody seen anything strange with Touch Input? I receieved my Moto X Style (UK Model) yesterday. I am pleased with it other than I have had a few instances of the touch input not reacting correctly. As an example if I press a folder on the home screen it opens the folder next to it. If I press the power button twice (to turn off the screen and then turn it back on) it seems to rectify the problem for a bit. I managed to capture a video on my Nexus 5 (apologoes for poor quality) which shows me trying to press the back button (in Flixster as that is what I was doing when I saw the issue and had the Nexus 5 handy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u3qZmCRbm4&feature=youtu.be

I have an email into Motorola Support. I am hoping that this isn't a hardware issue, but think it is so will require me to get a replacement.

Thanks,
Paul

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Occsional Glitch on Touch Input

When I first started using my MXPE I felt like the touch targets were a bit off. However, it hasn't been bugging me so I must have adjusted.

Posted via the Android Central App

ceepan

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I have now started to see weird stuff when entering text so think it is a hardware fault. I will see what Motorola Support come back with.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Awesome we all now know your lock code! :p

Honestly I am not sure if this is a Moto X issue or Lollipop issue. I have seen stuff like this on my Nexus 5 (not exactly the same but sometimes it doesn't respond how I think it should)

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm just impressed with the level of detail in the post and an attached video.

I don't do tech support for a living but I spend a lot of time fixing problems and people are terrible at describing them.

ceepan

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

This is looking more like a hardware fault. Keyboard input occasionally goes weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9TdhM3w9E&feature=youtu.be

The fact that hitting power button twice solves it suggests that something is amiss. I have given Motorola Support some info but I think I am going to tell them I want a replacement. My wife also got the X Style and sees none of these issues.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Check in Settings > Developers Options > & turn on Show touches ... then you can see on-screen how it behaves, check at many places on the screen to see if there are problematical regions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech