I'm seeing really faint vertical lines on the screen of my Moto X Pure Edition

JohnnySasquatch

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Just got my new Moto X Pure (it's actually a Style here...I'm Australian) and I've noticed a weird issue with the display.

I'm seeing really faint vertical lines, most noticeable on a white background with the brightness on high, all over the screen. I'd honestly say they resemble some kind of light burn in if I didn't know better. They are quite faint and unobtrusive but I can't help but get distracted by it. Is this normal for a LCD TFT screen? Do I have a dodgy screen? Am I going crazy? Help me AC!

Posted via the Android Central App

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pure Screen - is this normal?

I think it's the backlights behind the screen. Not all LCDs have this issue, but I've noticed it on occasion as well. It's super hard to see though if you don't know what you're looking for. If it weren't for that, I would really be in love with this screen.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pure Screen - is this normal?

Go look at your screen while it is off in direct sunlight. If you are talking about this little lines in the screen, those are for the touch sensors.

I remember my nexus 4 had these. I guess it's more noticeable on some phones than others.

Steve Chavez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This exact same issue just happened to my phone about 5 minutes ago. I turned it off and on. So far so good, but I searched various places without much of an explanation.

jerryroy1

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing this now on my screen. Was yours resolved? When I wave my hand over and the time and lock pop up, it shows vertical lines that are the same width as the numbers, letters and icons from top to bottom of the screen. If I swipe down to unlock and hold, they get brighter.
https://mightytext.net/zkPZ5w

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000