When will the Moto X Pure Edition appear at more retailers?

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
So I am looking at buying this phone. However, looking at where you can buy it, there are only three places you can buy it currently in the US. Direct from Motorola, Amazon and Best Buy. Will this come to other retailers (online) anytime soon? Places like B&H Photo or other reputable sources?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Agree with Clocks and Ry. The Moto X has never been a phone you could get from a lot of places. And this time you don't have the option of going through your carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Ouch. You guys are the bearer of bad news. Why would they limit themselves to such a few retailers? Normally you want to get stuff into as many stores as possible.

I went into BestBuy today to take a look at the phone in person. Online said they had them in stock. Never could find any out on display or any place they they should be. But that's not really surprising with Best Buy.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ouch. You guys are the bearer of bad news. Why would they limit themselves to such a few retailers? Normally you want to get stuff into as many stores as possible.

I went into BestBuy today to take a look at the phone in person. Online said they had them in stock. Never could find any out on display or any place they they should be. But that's not really surprising with Best Buy.

Motorola just doesn't get a lot of love from retailers. It's all about Apple or Samsung it seems.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This phone will never be offered by the carriers...thus, Pure Edition...because of the bloatware, etc., added by those carriers. Basically, the same reason Nexus devices are never available through carriers. In fact, it's very doubtful it will be available through any stateside venues other than Amazon and Best Buy, or through Moto Maker.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree with Clocks and Ry. The Moto X has never been a phone you could get from a lot of places. And this time you don't have the option of going through your carrier.

The first gen Moto X was available from AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. I think Target Mobile stocked it too.

Second gen Moto X was at AT&T and Verizon too.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This phone will never be offered by the carriers...thus, Pure Edition...because of the bloatware, etc., added by those carriers. Basically, the same reason Nexus devices are never available through carriers. In fact, it's very doubtful it will be available through any stateside venues other than Amazon and Best Buy, or through Moto Maker.

Nexus S sold through Sprint.

The Galaxy Nexus sold through Verizon and Sprint.

The Nexus 6 is available from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It would seem that the Moto G is the actual flagship of Moto (their biggest money maker and biggest market penetrator) whereas the Pure Edition is for the more device tailored to enthusiasts who will go TO the device as opposed to waiting for the device to be displayed to them in a random storefront somewhere. It doesn't seem that Moto intends to sell a gazillion XPEs but more to maintain a upper tier device for those who seek out that kind of device (like a Nexus).

droidxd00d

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I work at best buy. Those won't be out on display buy they are in stock in store to be sold. Locked up behind the cages in the mobile department so hand on time will probably be a no.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The best buy near me called the one they had in stock a "demo", but it was locked up. They got it out for me to hold a minute (it wasn't charged) so I could get a feel for it. Of course, I was conscious of them standing over me waiting to put it back!

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

I have not idea if it is true. But when I ask a sales person in the phone section at Best Buy, she tracked down the manager. His statement was that he did not expect to see a phone display for MXPE until probably 30 days after BEST BUY online had it. That statement and $5 will get you coffee at Starbucks.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The XPE was on display at my BB last week on the non-carrier phones display alongside the Nexus 6 and three from BLU. (Thing is huge compared to my 2013 Moto X!) I didn't ask if they had any in stock but I presume they did because it was on display.

irasmith

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
The various product release information that I have read pretty much indicated that it would be available only through Motorola, Amazon, and Best Buy. I began researching it long before its actual release date, and by the time it was released I felt comfortable enough to go ahead and put the order in with Amazon. Normally I do like to get my hands on a device before buying, but I just felt good enough to go ahead and do it. I have had my phone for a week now and am totally happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non