Need your advice - is the Moto X being sterilized before it's being packed?

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I've bought a Moto X Pure for a family member who is being hospitalized overseas in a relatively sterilized conditions. It means he cannot use any phone except his own, for example, to prevent infections.
For this reason I wanted him to get a sealed package. But in the other hand, I also want to open the package to make sure the phone is working, and that it was built as we designed it in Moto Maker. But if the is phone being factory sterilized before being packed, I'll send the phone in its sealed box, as is. If not, I'll open the package to make sure everything is ok, and we can find a way to sterilized it later before he gets it. Problem is that if there is any issue with the phone, he will have to send it back to Motorola from overseas..
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like to think that it is sterilized. When the phone arrives even the box is wrapped in plastic. You also have to take plastic off the phone once you get into the box as well.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to think so as well...but I wouldn't guarantee it. I would try to find a was to do it yourself, just to be safe.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I would sterilize it myself in your position. Even if they are supposed to be sterilized before packaging, you never know for sure.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As a person that has spent many many hours and weeks in manufacturing facilities for electronics products, I can guarantee you that this product is not sterilized in any way. They are wiped down with some type of cleaning solution that has been specified by engineering that will not damage the materials used in building the phone but that's it. The only thing they're concerned with is that they go out of the factory without finger prints or visible dust particles on them.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

gebinsk

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a big risk to take just to get the phone in his hands a little quicker. If he's so bad off that he might die from using this phone, wait until he's out of the woods. Motorola will give you the exact same advice; last thing they need is a wrongful death lawsuit.