No data while on call?

Brian Baldwin

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
maybe I am just missing something due to this being a unlocked phone - but on Verizon I am noticing my data drops while I am on a call. Is that because no 3g roll back, only LTE? Im not sure so that is why I am asking. Thanks

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too. Turned on advanced HD calling and solved my problem. You have to add it to your plan for free through Verizon website.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
maybe I am just missing something due to this being a unlocked phone - but on Verizon I am noticing my data drops while I am on a call. Is that because no 3g roll back, only LTE? Im not sure so that is why I am asking. Thanks

Goto Settings>More>Cellular Networks then make sure "enhanced lte 4g mode" is selected. If "enhanced lte 4g mode" doesn't show up than you need to log into my Verizon and sign up for volte. It is a free service.

Posted via the Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Goto Settings>More>Cellular Networks then make sure "enhanced lte 4g mode" is selected. If "enhanced lte 4g mode" doesn't show up than you need to log into my Verizon and sign up for volte. It is a free service.

Exactly this. I had to head into the store myself, but it works like a charm now.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

On Verizon because of the network and the way newer phones are constructed UNLESS you are on VoLTE data and voice are limited to one or the other. This was a huge topic last year in the months prior to Verizon rolling out VoLTE. Look in the Moto X 2nd forum or do a google search for Verizon VoLTE. There was some good information on the Verizon website. Before you turn it on, if the material is still there - Read it. Be aware VoLTE is 4G areas only.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are unable to use Voice & Data on a call this could be a CDMA limitation.
GSM Carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) – Both can use voice and data at the same. Either on HSPA or on LTE (using VoLTE).
CDMA Carriers (Sprint / Verizon) – These carriers can only handle voice or data. Not both at the same time… Unless using VoLTE. Verizon currently has VoLTE whereas Sprint doesn’t. You may be asking – why is this? My old phone did this... which I am sure it did. A more detailed explanation is below.
[INFO]The older phones had two CDMA radios put in them (such as the S3 on Sprint). One dedicated to voice -- another dedicated to data. Therefore you could do voice and data. GSM has always been one radio because that one radio can do both tasks at the same time. They got around it on CDMA by simply adding another radio in there and dedicating each one to one task.
Now they're getting rid of that second CDMA radio. So therefore you can only use talk, or data -- not both at the same time. Now if you're using VoLTE for your calls it will allow voice and data since the call will be going through LTE (as data) so it is technically then all data which would bypass this restriction.[/INFO]

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I could use it on older 4g devices without hd voice. It may have something to do with the phone. There was even some phones you could use it with 3g on Verizon but very few.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Make sure Enhanced LTE 4G is enabled on the phone and Advanced Calling 1.0 is enabled on the line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21