Bluetooth Bug? Could Android Wear be keeping my Moto X Pure Edition awake?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Let me first say that I do have a smart watch. I have a first gen Moto 360. I know it has to be connected to blue tooth. I have noticed that on my phone my phone has constantly been awake despite not having any apps running in the background at all. Would this be caused by Android Wear keeping my phone awake since I have a Moto 360 or is there something else up with my phone? I believe this has been happening for a week or so now. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is this a lollipop bug?

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Bug?

Let me first say that I do have a smart watch. I have a first gen Moto 360. I know it has to be connected to blue tooth. I have noticed that on my phone my phone has constantly been awake despite not having any apps running in the background at all. Would this be caused by Android Wear keeping my phone awake since I have a Moto 360 or is there something else up with my phone? I believe this has been happening for a week or so now. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is this a lollipop bug?
Same thing happens with my lg tone pro earbuds. It's a bluesleep wakelock. I'm sure it's a bug in 5.1.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I think it's a Moto X bug. I've kept Bluetooth running 24/7 on my N5 on Kitkat and Lollipop. No major impact on battery usage. BT was maybe 2-3% of total battery. All of a sudden on the XPE, it's become 10% of the total usage on the battery stats. I shut it off the last couple days when I wasn't directly using it, and that made a huge difference. I'm at 78% now after 9 hours. Before, I would be around 50-60%. As said above, I believe BT is always active.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm a pretty sure it will be. Google has had a year to work on it. 5.1 was not ready for prime time yet Google released it anyway.

I hope so. With everything that Lenovo has been doing to Moto lately I hope to not have to wait long for the update. At the same time I don't want it to be buggy either. Time will tell.

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I have a 6P using 6.0.1 and I'm having the same issue. Until I turn off Bluetooth the phone stays awake. Perhaps an app is causing this, but the bug is definitely there.

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, after researching this issue, discovered that weathebug app was keeping my 6p awake through Bluetooth. Once I uninstalled it everything back to normal.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with my Gear S2. I never had problems, and battery life was great, with 5.1. Since going to 6.0 it's awake and burning hot all the time. Battery life sucks.

Dunc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad