Text Message delay

Tristan944

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
When I receive a text message that is 2 messages in length of longer, they each come in separately and about five minutes apart. So if I get a text that is 4 messages long, it will take 20 minutes to get the whole message. How can I fix this?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When I receive a text message that is 2 messages in length of longer, they each come in separately and about five minutes apart. So if I get a text that is 4 messages long, it will take 20 minutes to get the whole message. How can I fix this?

Are they SMS or MMS?

Who is your carrier?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that SMS is text-only, single recipient and MMS allows multiple recipient and pictures. I know that it is not a guaranteed immediate delivery technology. Messages go through when they go through. I often get pieces delayed and out of order. It might be signal-strength related but I'm no radio engineer. This has happened on all my phones so I don't think it's related to the phone. (I'm also on Sprint.)

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
For my children's phones, I use a lot of Ptel because it's cheap and enough service for their needs. One of them, the texts are always slow to arrive, the others, it just pops right up. So even on the same carrier, there are times it's just slow for no apparent reason. Sometimes 20 minutes slow.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would check with Sprint -- it is most likely an issue with them. I have no issues sending / receiving texts (SMS or MMS) on my MXPE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463