anyone using a different camera app?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone was using a camera app besides the Motorola one. I used the Google one on my 2014 X but this moto one seems to do the job. I'm always looking to find something better though if anyone has one.

Posted via the Android Central App

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Fv5 I like a lot. I keep the moto camera as default for the quick access shots. Fv5 is on my home screen for more serious work.

AL904

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried the trial version of FV5 on my Moto X Pure, and it looks like a great solution for a photographer who want to occasionally use his phone's camera for those times that he doesn't have his serious cameras handy.

However, I was disappointed to find that some of the settings available in FV5 just won't work on the Pure. For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried the trial version of FV5 on my Moto X Pure, and it looks like a great solution for a photographer who want to occasionally use his phone's camera for those times that he doesn't have his serious cameras handy.

However, I was disappointed to find that some of the settings available in FV5 just won't work on the Pure. For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?

Correct. Manual controls are enabled by Camera 2 API which Motorola has left out for some reason. Maybe we'll see it added with 6.0.

Jay Sullivan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?

For what it's worth, I tried Camera FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I have tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds without any problems.

Jay Sullivan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For example, I would like to use Shutter Priority and FV5 has the ability to set shutter speeds, but the Moto camera doesn't allow it. After doing a little more research on the subject, it seems there is no work-around until Motorola adds the ability. Am I correct?

For what it's worth, I tried FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds and it didn't have a problem. However, it *does* seem to have a problem with setting a specific ISO. When I try to do that, the app locks up.

AL904

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth, I tried FV-5 on my Moto X Pure and it has no problem setting different shutter speeds. I tried anything from 1 second to 10 seconds and it didn't have a problem. However, it *does* seem to have a problem with setting a specific ISO. When I try to do that, the app locks up.

I should have been more specific. I would like the ability to set faster, not slower, shutter speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos