Notifications from WhatsApp

luckas

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

When I get a new message from WhatsApp it doesn't notify on the top bar, it appears just the icon for this app. If this icon is already there, it doesn't change anything if I've received a new message, (I've to check pulling down the bar to see if I received new messages and who has sent it). My older cellphone used to show the message "Message from..." for like a few seconds, so I could see instantaneously when I'd got new messages. Can I change it?
Thank you!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open WhatsApp, tap Menu>Settings, and check the notification options there. If they're on, then go to the main System Settings>Apps​, select WhatsApp, and make sure Show Notifications is checked on.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
As far as the notification ticker, that has been inexplicably removed in lollipop. I guess in favor of heads up notification, which are the big, white blocks that hang over part of the screen. Personally, I prefer the ticker style of old

luckas

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
The notifications are active. An example: I receive a message from my friend "João". Before it used to show: " message from joão" for like 2 or 3 seconds on the top bar. Now, it appears just the icon of whats app. I have to pulldown the bar to check who has sent the messages. I don't know if this is common for all new androids or it is just a configuration of Style.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The notifications are active. An example: I receive a message from my friend "João". Before it used to show: " message from joão" for like 2 or 3 seconds on the top bar. Now, it appears just the icon of whats app. I have to pulldown the bar to check who has sent the messages. I don't know if this is common for all new androids or it is just a configuration of Style.

What type of notifications are you using? You can have Moto Display or Ambient Display and they are much different.

luckas

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Moto Display. It's okay, when my screen is off I receive the notifications from whatsapp, etc...

I am sending a screenshot to show what I mean.

When the screen is on and I get new messages from Whats app its just show the icon on the left of the top of the screen. And if this icon is already there and I receive other new messages, nothing will be changed. So, sometimes I have to pull down that bar to see if I have new messages, what is annoying...

I think that it could show the message: "New message from <name of person>" for like 2 ou 3 seconds on the bar.. so I can see instantly when I have new messages.

I don't know if this is common for all new androids or just a configuration of motorola..

In spite of this I am really loving Moto Style!!
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-12-09-48-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-12-09-48-09.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 11

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
You are referring to the ticker which is removed from android. Believe xposed modules exist to bring it back
And is it really that annoying to pull the notification bar? You'd need to anyway to respond and that's why it's there

luckas

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I know I am being repetitive
I'll try to be clearer and this question can be closed :)

Can I have one of these options to see the notifications from whatsapp??

The first one: the message and who has sent it
The second one: the message "message from <name or number of person>"

Thank you!! :D :D

IMG_20151112_123252373_HDR.jpgIMG_20151112_123408290_HDR.jpg