Still getting Gmail notifications in Moto Assist "Sleep" mode

notabbott

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
When I set up "sleep mode" from, say, midnight to 8am everyday, I was under the impression that it silences all notifications during that time, but I'm still getting audio notifications from Gmail. Am I missing something obvious here in the settings? Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

notabbott

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Gmail is not set as a priority app, and on the "Sleeping" screen in Moto, the "Only allow priority interruptions" box is NOT checked. That said, could the "downtime" Android settings in Sound and Notifications (too few posts to link to the Motorola page on this) be trumping the "Sleep" settings in Moto? Is Moto trying to do something that Android already does and they don't play nice together?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Gmail is not set as a priority app, and on the "Sleeping" screen in Moto, the "Only allow priority interruptions" box is NOT checked. That said, could the "downtime" Android settings in Sound and Notifications (too few posts to link to the Motorola page on this) be trumping the "Sleep" settings in Moto? Is Moto trying to do something that Android already does and they don't play nice together?

Hmmm. That maybe. I already have 6.0 on my MXPE, but looking at my Moto G that still has 5.1, I have all of the Priority Interruptions turned off, and use Assist to manage the Sleeping times.

Posted from my XT1575

notabbott

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
So, to answer my own question, when you update to Marshmallow, Moto Assist basically tells you to use the built-in "Do No Disturb" function in Sound and Notifications instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance