Likely the Last Moto Phone I EVER Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have bought FOUR of the 2013 Moto X's, ONE of the 2014 Moto X's and THREE of the 2015 Moto X's (with the good cameras) but the arrogance and indifference expressed by their customer service and forum managers has pretty much told me that I don't qualify as a "loyal" customer. I'm curious how many more of their devices I need to purchase in order to qualify as "loyal." The latest round of insult from them comes from their very own forums in which they question my loyalty when I express concern/dismay over my wife getting the 6.0 update while I have not. She is most certainly NOT part of their soak test program while I have loyally signed up for it with each device.

It's astonishing that the flak I get on their own forums when I ask about it and express my very legitimate concern about the competence involved is met with a response of "For a Motorola fan, you are not very understanding or tolerant"

Um. Wow. I do suppose buying EIGHT of their products (not including all the numerous accessories for each) in three iterations is apparently NOT understanding nor tolerant. I, as a VERY loyal customer (as my wallet as proved) am VERY insulted by their idiocy and flagrant disregard for me as a customer. Now I'm wondering why I should ever buy another of their products ever again.

I am literally shaking my head with utter disappointment as a VERY loyal customer (as my purchases have absolutely proven in the past 2+ years).

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So, you're mad solely because you didn't get the Marshmallow update. Am I understanding you correctly?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That was a mistake. The update got sent out early to some people who weren't part of the soak test, but it has since been halted.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
So, you're mad solely because you didn't get the Marshmallow update. Am I understanding you correctly?

I'm mad at being called "disloyal" to the Moto product when I express surprise at a non-soak test member getting the update prior to soak test members getting it. It's surprising at the weird hostility towards a customer who has spent a LOT of money on their products and brand. It's a heckuva slap in the face.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That was a mistake. The update got sent out early to some people who weren't part of the soak test, but it has since been halted.

Yes it is and yes it was. But a non-soak test customer getting the update yesterday is still bad form. It's a sign of a company that doesn't quite have it's quality control in actual control.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is and yes it was. But a non-soak test customer getting the update yesterday is still bad form. It's a sign of a company that doesn't quite have it's quality control in actual control.
That sort of thing is not uncommon. Even the official Marshmallow release has taken a long time for some Nexus 5/6/7 owners to receive OTA.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
You could sideloaded all you had to do was go to XDA what's the big deal ?

I don't side load stuff. I don't get to that depth of the Android world. It's the response I got that bugs me far more than not getting the update prior to a family member who isn't signed up up for the soak testing.

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't side load stuff. I don't get to that depth of the Android world. It's the response I got that bugs me far more than not getting the update prior to a family member who isn't signed up up for the soak testing.
Well all you do is place the zip on your phone and go to recovery and hit update from adb. I am running rom based off soak. Runs awesome

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
First time it's happened to my knowledge in three years of Moto X ownership.

'...to your knowledge...' I've known of Moto pushing the OTA to 'X' number of users that were not involved in the MFN during or shortly after all of the 8 (eight) Soaks I've taken part in dating back to the Bionic in June '12 .

Probably hasn't happened often that the spouse of an anxious MFNer, with little patience or understanding of the process, got an unexpected OTA.

Probably not 'disloyal' ... but a little 'thin-skinned'?

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I have bought FOUR of the 2013 Moto X's, ONE of the 2014 Moto X's and THREE of the 2015 Moto X's (with the good cameras) but the arrogance and indifference expressed by their customer service and forum managers has pretty much told me that I don't qualify as a "loyal" customer. I'm curious how many more of their devices I need to purchase in order to qualify as "loyal." The latest round of insult from them comes from their very own forums in which they question my loyalty when I express concern/dismay over my wife getting the 6.0 update while I have not. She is most certainly NOT part of their soak test program while I have loyally signed up for it with each device.

It's astonishing that the flak I get on their own forums when I ask about it and express my very legitimate concern about the competence involved is met with a response of "For a Motorola fan, you are not very understanding or tolerant"

Um. Wow. I do suppose buying EIGHT of their products (not including all the numerous accessories for each) in three iterations is apparently NOT understanding nor tolerant. I, as a VERY loyal customer (as my wallet as proved) am VERY insulted by their idiocy and flagrant disregard for me as a customer. Now I'm wondering why I should ever buy another of their products ever again.

I am literally shaking my head with utter disappointment as a VERY loyal customer (as my purchases have absolutely proven in the past 2+ years).

Things will further go downhill with Lenovo in charge. This will likely be the last worth purchasing anyways.

Jephanie has been one of the largest supporters of this phone that I've noticed on these forums. Seeing him say these things carries weight with me.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes I suppose I agree that he's a fan of this device and it's a shame that he was so offended by "For a Motorola fan, you are not very understanding or tolerant" Everyone can see his comments in their entirety at:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/41eb478d05?commentId=1011969#1011969

And to show support to his title of this thread, the Pure is likely my last Moto device, too! My use case is different from his though, I'll turn 74 next summer, smartphones have by now matured to the point that this will do for me.

Plus, I know we need to offer support and comfort to the Millennials ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, yes I suppose I agree that he's a fan of this device and it's a shame that he was so offended by "For a Motorola fan, you are not very understanding or tolerant" Everyone can see his comments in their entirety at:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/41eb478d05?commentId=1011969#1011969

And to show support to his title of this thread, the Pure is likely my last Moto device, too! My use case is different from his though, I'll turn 74 next summer, smartphones have by now matured to the point that this will do for me.

Plus, I know we need to offer support and comfort to the Millennials ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

Well that derailed.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm mad at being called "disloyal" to the Moto product when I express surprise at a non-soak test member getting the update prior to soak test members getting it. It's surprising at the weird hostility towards a customer who has spent a LOT of money on their products and brand. It's a heckuva slap in the face.

There comes a time when you end up cutting off your nose to spite your face all because of one person who works for a company who you did not see eye to eye with.
This is one of them times.
I doubt...Seriously doubt, anyone from Motorola called you disloyal. By stating that you aren't considered to be a loyal customer does not automatically mean you are disloyal. Being disloyal would mean that you post inflammatory remarks to defame their character on public forums.:'(

Wish you luck.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, did Motorola accuse you of not being loyal or was it just another user on the forums? Those are two very different things.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
This is about you not getting your name pulled out from a hat full of names? And you think, your name should have been pulled since you bought MORE Motos than anyone else on earth?
62881479.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Off topic rant about not being included in a private soak test?

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams