6.0 Marshmallow: Facebook Messenger Chat Heads

Tristan944

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The Messenger "bubble" isn't working after the update. The bubble with the person I was chatting with would hang out on my home screen until I closed it. Anyone know how to get it back?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow Facebook Messenger

If you open Messenger and hit the Gear in the top right corner, scroll down to Chat Heads - is it still checked?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Open settings, go to Apps, then click the gear icon at the top right. Open "draw over other apps" then scroll down to messenger and give it permission.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Open settings, go to Apps, then click the gear icon at the top right. Open "draw over other apps" then scroll down to messenger and give it permission.

This should be the solution. OP, Let us know if it works.

Tristan944

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for the information. I performed those steps and it still didn't work.

Solution: I opened up Messenger, Clicked the Gear icon, and Checked "Chat Heads".

Now it works, and your instructions were probably part of the solution, so thank you for your help!

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for the information. I performed those steps and it still didn't work.

Solution: I opened up Messenger, Clicked the Gear icon, and Checked "Chat Heads".

Now it works, and your instructions were probably part of the solution, so thank you for your help!

Glad you got it! If you had checked chat heads in the messenger settings first it probably would have asked for permission to draw over other apps.

geoff609

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

This should be the solution. OP, Let us know if it works.
Hi I have a similar problem on my s5, tried all the suggestions here to no avail. The chat heads sit on my screen but when I open them up it just closes it again? Only started happening after recent update to messenger

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000