Which back to choose?

shinytoy

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I was weighing the moto x vs n6p, but now with the deal on amazon ill get the pure.
I am coming from a 2013 moto x with the dark blue back, and black front,
and am contemplating between the black version and the white front/bamboo back version.
Is the wood worth the 25$ premium over the plastic? i read here that his plastic is not as grippy as the 2013 ones with the dark colors.
Also how is it to have the white front? that part I'm most hesitant about (the bamboo is available only with the white front)

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
At the price currently on sale at Amazon (today only), I would grab it. You can get a different back later via eBay, and follow instructions to replace with the back of your choice. Takes a bit of work, but from what I see/heard, it's not a complicated process.

To me, $US100 off is nothing short of amazing for a phone with this spec.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd also do that. Keep in mind the Amazon deal was only for today. I posted about it and out a link to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the white/bamboo model via the Amazon sale. It's actually what I got via Motomaker for my original 2013 X, so I'm already biased toward the white front, even though the sensors are visible that way. As for the back, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Pure's bamboo has a nice natural feel that's not as slippery as the 2013 version.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I must be one of the few that doesn't mind the sensors on the front. I prefer a white front so I'll take the visible sensors over hidden sensors with a black front.

I also think the $25 premium for a natural back is worth it if you like the look. You're already spending a few hundred dollars on a phone. What's an extra $25 to get the exact one you want?

Def Tone

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I went with the White one from Amazon on the day it was on sale for 32gb at $349. I chose this color combo in case I ever want to sell it. It will be much easier to sell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2369.jpg
    2369.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 36

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been loving the leather back, but I'm also always worried about setting it down because I don't want it to get messed up. My friend has the standard back, and that one feels nice. You also don't have to worry about it getting beat up as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty