6.0 Marshmallow: Hurting battery life of Bluetooth Low Energy devices?

goliatham

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
TLDR version:
It strikes me as quite a coincidence that the charge hr and keylink both start experiencing this right after a marshmallow update.
Anyone else seeing similar issues?
Any suggestions on fixes?

Details:
I just updated my motox pure to Marshmallow on Sunday, and also charge my fitbit charge hr.
On Tuesday the fitbit battery hit low (normally lasts at least 4 days). I charged again.
On Thursday, the fitbit battery hit empty, and I got a notify that my moto keylink battery was low.
I charged Thursday evening, followed fitbit restart procedures, rebooted phone.
Friday morning, fitbit is at Medium.
I wasn't really following my keylink battery status. I just got it around the end of october, so it's quite early to be dying.

I don't seem to be having issues with battery life on my headsets. The phone might be a little worse on battery since marshmallow, but nothing too significant.

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow hurting battery life of BLE devices?

Do you have the FitBit HR set up as a trusted device? Do you have ring notification turned on?

I've also noticed that my Charge HR's battery has been going down pretty quick, but I have those things turned on. I'll turn them off and see what happens.

*edit*
Do you have always connected selected in the fitbit device settings? I just enabled it to see if there would be any warnings, and it said that being always connected will drain your battery faster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR