Moto Voice Issue

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that when I use Moto Voice, I get no vocal response. I have checked all of my settings for both moto voice and google now and everything is setup correctly.

When I use the gesture to launch it, I do get a response through the headpiece, but not when saying the launch phrase.

Any help? Is this normal?

UPDATE: it worked when my phone was unlocked. Does it not vocally respond when the phone is locked?

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that when I use Moto Voice, I get no vocal response. I have checked all of my settings for both moto voice and google now and everything is setup correctly.

When I use the gesture to launch it, I do get a response through the headpiece, but not when saying the launch phrase.

Any help? Is this normal?

UPDATE: it worked when my phone was unlocked. Does it not vocally respond when the phone is locked?

Have you tried using it without bluetooth being on at all? Have you tried to change the launch phrase?

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried using it without bluetooth being on at all? Have you tried to change the launch phrase?
-Yes bluetooth isn't on
-No I haven't changed the launch phrase. It detects the phrase just fine, it just doesn't vocally respond when the phone is locked

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
-Yes bluetooth isn't on
-No I haven't changed the launch phrase. It detects the phrase just fine, it just doesn't vocally respond when the phone is locked

Try clearing the cache of the Moto app. That sometimes gets rid of wonky issues like this one.

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Try clearing the cache of the Moto app. That sometimes gets rid of wonky issues like this one.
Won't seem to clear. Does nothing when I try.

It responded to "What's up" just fine but when I asked the whether it tried to reply then was cut off. It's definitely the pin lock that's doing it

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Won't seem to clear. Does nothing when I try.

It responded to "What's up" just fine but when I asked the whether it tried to reply then was cut off. It's definitely the pin lock that's doing it

That could be it. Try using it with no screen lock. Do you have a bluetooth or smartwatch that you could add as a trusted device? As long as if the device is connected and a trusted device it will bypass the screen lock.

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
That could be it. Try using it with no screen lock. Do you have a bluetooth or smartwatch that you could add as a trusted device? As long as if the device is connected and a trusted device it will bypass the screen lock.
Yeah I use my watch as a trusted device. I was testing it without it connected. Thanks for your help!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49