unable to set ringtone in facebook messanger

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure this means anything but, I had a special ringtone I like to use with Hangouts, for a day or two it worked fine, last few days it stopped working even though the app told me it was selected. Long story short, the ringtone HAD to be on my phone not off the card. I know someone mentioned that about messenger, so I think my issue with hangouts confirms that point. Keep in mind that I've put the tone I want to use in messenger in every notifications folder I could find

Posted via the Android Central App

Are you using Adoptable Storage like the OP?

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a micro SD card with your Moto X Pure Edition?

And if so, are you using it (formatted) as Internal Storage or Portable Storage?

Yes I have a micro SD card and I have it set up that I could use it in other devices

liftedplane

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
that's not adoptable then... so no idea... sounds like the app itself could be broken... I used the samsung whistle for only this notification for years.

I'm gonna root my pure shortly and see if I can figure it out, gotta get rid of the increasing volume

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
that's not adoptable then... so no idea... sounds like the app itself could be broken... I used the samsung whistle for only this notification for years.

I'm gonna root my pure shortly and see if I can figure it out, gotta get rid of the increasing volume

Facebook messenger has always been a bit iffy. I'll just chalk it up to that

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, when using adoptable storage, you can not choose where the file is stored. When you look in a file explorer you will see a single directory with no indication of whether files are on internal storage or SD. You can move a file and place it on the folder of your choice but the OS decides where to store it in memory.

I have the SD in my Moto X set to portable storage so I cannot test it. However, I have tested it on my A9 with SD set as internal storage. By placing an mp3 in media/audio/notifications I am able to use it for a Facebook messenger notification tone.

I know this isn't much help but it at least tells us it is not a marshmallow issue.

Edit: to further complicate the issue, A9 is on Android 6.0.1 and I'm running a beta of Facebook messenger.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, don't know when this happened but all my ringtones, including the custom ones, are in messenger now. It would be nice when the app updates they tell us what's new

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys ever figure this out? I've got a S7 Edge, and I'd like to add a custom notification to the Facebook Messenger app, but the only custom one that shows up is my default sound (and Megasound is doing its "when a notification comes in, mute it" thing again).

freeop

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Did you guys ever figure this out? I've got a S7 Edge, and I'd like to add a custom notification to the Facebook Messenger app, but the only custom one that shows up is my default sound (and Megasound is doing its "when a notification comes in, mute it" thing again).

Is there any way to fix this, AdmiralSirJohn? I have tried everything I know to have Megasound stop doing the "when a notification comes in, mute it" thingy and I can't. Have email the developer but haven't heard anything yet.

You said it was doing it again. What did you do to fix it the first time?

This is driving me crazy.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey all guess what, I had to clear the data from Messenger, because it was acting buggy, and I lost my custom ring tones. I'm sure they'll just magically appear like last time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12