Group Messages not sending via Hangouts (T-Mobile)

Mattjopete44

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
On my wife's MXPE running 6.0 on T Mobile she often cannot send group messages in Hangouts. Everything I've found on the subject is due to coming from an iPhone however she has never had an iPhone. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a setting I've missed somewhere?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Group Messages not sending

Has she tried a different messaging app? If the issue is 'tied' to her number or on T-Mobile's configuration it should happen on any app. Then we could narrow down if the problem is in the phone or with the carrier.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Group Messages not sending

Let us know how that works so we can try to help if needed or know that it's been 'resolved' (if changing apps works, then there's something funky with Hangouts and the report should be made)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember an app (just can't remember WHICH app) that had a T-Mobile specific option for MMS, so maybe there is something funny about T-Mo's configuration with 3rd party apps...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually it was Textra. There's a specific -T-Mobile- fix in the MMS options, apparently.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/619932-mms-issue-t-mobile.html

Don't see how WiFi calling should affect it, but since using WiFi calling means you can now get SMS/MMS via WiFi as well (MMS usually needs mobile data unless the unit is WiFi-calling-capable) maybe that's where 'wires' are getting crossed.

Oh, and Group Messages are handled as MMS.

Mattjopete44

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I think that setting is disabled to where I cannot change it on the MXPE now that I tried to find it. It most certainly is not in the same place as my Nexus 6

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49