Moto X Pure Bluetooth headset connection issues?

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I got a moto x pure from that great amazon sale

I was ready to replace my old phone, got the sim cards switched but when using my LG HBS 730 or HBS 800 bluetooth headsets, they would connect to the phone, but would not run media or phone speaker connections, and I did not see an option in any menu to select--unlikely my older galaxy 5

this is a big issue...

anyone else seen headset issues with the moto x pure? I am on marshmallow

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto x Pure Bluetooth headset connection issues?

Yes! (Maybe.) When I got my Amazon special two weeks ago I immediately upgraded to 6.0 and did a factory reset. Two stereo bluetooth headsets worked for phone calls but not for music and videos - sound came from the phone itself. After a support call (they wanted me to return the phone even though it was clear this was a software problem, not a hardware problem!) I did another factory reset and bluetooth has been fine ever since.

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I have the LG HBS750 headset. I've only had one type of connection issue. Occasionally I have to toggle Bluetooth off then on again to get music to route to the headset.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Well, given I use these headsets every day, I'm glad I just returned the dang phone! It was nice but didn't see enough to justify the price, even on sale...besides the galaxy s7 is just around the corner!

But having a bluetooth issue like this...ugh.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Hunh? I use multiple headsets and now they all work on my MXPE. No bluetooth issues at all after the reset.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Moto X Pure running 6.0 and I've had no problems connecting my LG HBS900 bluetooth to it. Did you power cycle the phone? That worked for me.

Sorry you had to return your device over this. It's a great device and is absolutely worth the money.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the audio cut out listening to media sometimes, but the headsets did the same thing with my old GS3, so I'm pretty sure it's them not the phone. I've had no issues connecting my several BT headsets to the MXPE and getting the media to connect.

Also, there is a way to select what sources go thru the headset that's not 100% intuitive. If you open your BT settings, then go to MORE SETTINGS, it will have your devices listed and a gear icon to the right of each. Tap the gear icon and it brings up a menu where you can rename your device, and select what it is used for. I do have one old headset that doesn't give the option to play media audio, but it's a old cheap one. All my stereo devices have options to Use for: Phone audio; Media audio; Contact sharing. I'm not sure what the contact sharing does for me, but there it is.

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I have the LG HBS750 headset. I've only had one type of connection issue. Occasionally I have to toggle Bluetooth off then on again to get music to route to the headset.

The Bluetooth on my phone turns off by itself and I had to turn it on again. It happened twice today.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I have the same headphones as you, and so far this hasn't happened with mine. I do have my headphones set up as a trusted device.

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Bluetooth turns off randomly when connected in my car (Audi). Pain in the ***! Never happened before upgrading to Marshmallow.

Dunc