How to cancel update?

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I clicked "OK, I get it" to get rid of a marshmallow Android update and it went ahead and scheduled it... Now the notification tray shows System Update and I can't get rid of it.

Any good way to cancel?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You could possibly hide the option. Did you long press on the notification tray? If so, did the notification change and did you see a setting option you could press? If so, you could press the 'i' icon and not the settings gear. Once in there you should see an option to block the notification from showing. I'm not sure if I explained it correctly or not. It may not work for Android updates.

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
The thing is it said its waiting to connect to WiFi to download it... It's coming from the update service. Long press a couple times brought a screen that said connect to WiFi or Later, and choosing Later got rid of it.

Thanks!

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I was too quick to celebrate. Upon connection to WiFi it started download...

Now the only option is to postpone...

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me! I want to delete the update but I cant figure out how and reading forums makes it seem like it is not possible without rooting and other things I am not willing to attempt right now.

5.0 works great for me, is stable, no bugs whatsoever and I want to keep things that way. Battery life and everything else is great so why break what isnt broken!

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Happened to my daughter as well. I created a support ticket for Moto and was told it can't be undone. I suspect a factory reset may fix it :). I was impressed with how fast the response was.

Now, Moto, I'm a human factors engineer and know a thing or two about designing user interfaces. For future reference:

1. Provide a way to cancel update
2. Word the message so that it's clear

OK, I got it can be interpreted in two ways. Keep it simple!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe there is a way to remove the update notification permanently without root.

Though you probably should update just for whatever security enhancements are included.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante