Good Screen Protector (that's not glass)

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have recommendations for a good Screen protector? I have tried the Pleson Tempered Screen Protector. I would like to avoid Glass again because of the halo effect

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Good Screen Protector

I just ordered this one that someone linked to in another thread:

Amazon.com: Moto X Pure Edition Screen Protector, [Lifetime Warranty] PLESON® [3-PACK] Motorola Moto X Pure / MOTO X Style Screen Protector, HD Ultra Clear Film, Bubble-Free Crystal Shield - Retail Packing: Cell Phones & Accessories

Like you, I want to avoid the tempered glass due to the halo effect. This one is a film protector. I'll have it Wednesday so I can let you know in a couple days how I like it. I'm sure some others will have some suggestions as well.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I highly recommend the Mr. Shield protectors (see my post quoted below for details). I have a tiny bit of halo right at the top of mine, but it's just because I didn't take the time to align the protector perfectly. It's offset just a touch high, so the top corners of the protector aren't sealed down perfectly. I think if I had it aligned perfectly, it would seal right. I have the white front on my phone tho, which makes it all but unnoticeable unless you're looking for it, so it doesn't bother me enough to redo.

FWIW, since I liked this so much for my phone, I also picked up the Mr Sheild Kindle Fire protectors for the Kindles my wife & kids have, and those were just as good, so they'll definitely be my go-to protectors for everything unless they let me down at some point.

I haven't found a case I'm 100% sold on yet, but I got the Mr. Shield screen protectors and love them. Install was easy and I really like the matte finish - finger smudges are much less of an issue than the glossier ones, and you get less glare too. I definitely recommend these.

I can't post links yet, so search Amazon for "Mr Shield For Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Anti Glare Screen Protector"

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

I highly recommend the Mr. Shield protectors (see my post quoted below for details). I have a tiny bit of halo right at the top of mine, but it's just because I didn't take the time to align the protector perfectly. It's offset just a touch high, so the top corners of the protector aren't sealed down perfectly. I think if I had it aligned perfectly, it would seal right. I have the white front on my phone tho, which makes it all but unnoticeable unless you're looking for it, so it doesn't bother me enough to redo.

FWIW, since I liked this so much for my phone, I also picked up the Mr Sheild Kindle Fire protectors for the Kindles my wife & kids have, and those were just as good, so they'll definitely be my go-to protectors for everything unless they let me down at some point.
I wish I would have seen this earlier! I almost got these but instead I got these instead:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4944045

Too late the cancel my order unfortunately, but I hope these will work just as well! If not, I will get a refund and definitely try those

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I've got Fosmon Crystal Clear HD film protectors.

I like them for their clarity, easy installation and good fit. A little more tacky til broken in and a bit more prone to fingerprints than the best film protectors I've ever used, but at $3.99 a pack they're a steal and are very good quality.

My favorite screen protectors have been by Power Support. They were even easier to install and the surface felt very glass-like for film protectors. They were sold on Motorola's site for the original Moto X. Wish they made them for the MXPE, they're worth the premium IMO.

Anyway here's the Fosmon link:

Moto X Pure Edition Screen Protector (3 Pack) - Fosmon Crystal Clear (HD) [Japan 3H Hard Coating Film] Screen Shield for Motorola Moto X Pure Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014FZ3LO...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4944126

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm currently using the Pleson tempered glass screen guard and its working great. No halo effect and it was pretty easy to put on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I have the Pleson, but I could not get it on without what I believe people describe as "halo" or air bubbles. How do you do it?

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I have the Pleson, but I could not get it on without what I believe people describe as "halo" or air bubbles. How do you do it?

Just a tip that helped me a lot....
Apply your screen protector in the bathroom after a hot shower has steamed the room and ”weighted down" all the dust and fuzzies that are so hard to totally eliminate. It is usually microscopic dust particles that cause those little bubbles you can't smooth out.
Don't leave your phone in there while the room is steaming up, don't want moisture build up in your phone of course, but have it and your screen protector close by so that you can get them and take in your "prepared" room to apply the screen. It worked like a charm for me and for the first time ever I had no residual bubbles or halo effect. (Used a 9H tempered glass one from TYLT on my S6, unfortunately they don't make one for the MXPE so I'm looking for an equal quality tempered glass for it.)
The tempered glass is awesome and makes the screen even more attractive in my opinion and I've never been a fan of screen protectors. I think it's all in the quality and in the application.

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

Just a tip that helped me a lot....
Apply your screen protector in the bathroom after a hot shower has steamed the room and ”weighted down" all the dust and fuzzies that are so hard to totally eliminate. It is usually microscopic dust particles that cause those little bubbles you can't smooth out.
Don't leave your phone in there while the room is steaming up, don't want moisture build up in your phone of course, but have it and your screen protector close by so that you can get them and take in your "prepared" room to apply the screen. It worked like a charm for me and for the first time ever I had no residual bubbles or halo effect. (Used a 9H tempered glass one from TYLT on my S6, unfortunately they don't make one for the MXPE so I'm looking for an equal quality tempered glass for it.)
The tempered glass is awesome and makes the screen even more attractive in my opinion and I've never been a fan of screen protectors. I think it's all in the quality and in the application.

I do this every time I apply screen protector but unfortunately this time it just wouldn't work without the halo. I am using a plastic one now and it still has a slight halo on the left side but that is my fault and its not nearly as bad so I am living with it for now.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion screen protector is necessary for every digital device. All modern digital devices produce harmful Blue Light. This short wavelength light is known to cause eye strain and fatigue, as well as to increase the likelihood of eye diseases. It also suppresses the hormone melatonin, disturbing our sleep-wake cycle, and the production of the protective pigment melanin. A screen protector like ocushield can prevent from this harmful blue light.

No screen protector filters blue light that I know of - and if one did everyone would complain about how it messes up the color balance of the screen. If you want to reduce blue light exposure during the evening (it's not harmful per se but it can affect sleep) you need to use an app like Twilight (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.urbandroid.lux&hl=en&token=5P-lZhr5).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca