Why won't my Moto X Pure Edition get 6.0 Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

I have a 3rd Gen Moto X Pure Edition on Cricket Wireless. My brother has an identical phone on AT&T and my sister has a Moto G 3rd Gen on Cricket Wireless and both of them have 6.0, but I still have 5.1.1, and 6.0 has been out for months now!

I've tried:
-Checking for months
-Soft rebooting
-A hard reset of my phone with no SIM
-Tried a T-Mobile SIM
-Tried an AT&T SIM
-Force Stopping Google Services Framework
-#*#*CHECKIN*#*#

...and NONE of that could get it to receive the 6.0 update.

Cricket and Motorola support had no answers except "it rolls out in phases" which is silly since it's been almost three months now.

Thoughts?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3rd Gen Moto X Pure Edition on Cricket Wireless. My brother has an identical phone on AT&T and my sister has a Moto G 3rd Gen on Cricket Wireless and both of them have 6.0, but I still have 5.1.1, and 6.0 has been out for months now!

I've tried:
-Checking for months
-Soft rebooting
-A hard reset of my phone with no SIM
-Tried a T-Mobile SIM
-Tried an AT&T SIM
-Force Stopping Google Services Framework
-#*#*CHECKIN*#*#

...and NONE of that could get it to receive the 6.0 update.

Cricket and Motorola support had no answers except "it rolls out in phases" which is silly since it's been almost three months now.

Thoughts?

Have you tried wiping cache from recovery?

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Isn't this a push from Motorola that is not carrier dependent?

I'd think it should update, even without a sim. Maybe try removing the sim, and just connect to wifi, and see what happens?
I'd be interested to hear what is going on here....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Isn't this a push from Motorola that is not carrier dependent?

I'd think it should update, even without a sim. Maybe try removing the sim, and just connect to wifi, and see what happens?
I'd be interested to hear what is going on here....

It is not carrier dependent at the moment. We do know however that Motorola can push the update based on what SIM is currently being used.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It is not carrier dependent at the moment. We do know however that Motorola can push the update based on what SIM is currently being used.

Oh. That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping to hear that Motorola / Lenovo would push updates out on the Pure as Google does for it's Nexus devices, albeit a bit behind....

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
On cricket wireless with Android 6.0. Got it several months ago

Posted via the Android Central App

So, you had yours on Cricket the entire time, and it did get the OTA update? I'm close to moving to a Pure, but want to make sure it's not limited updates on Cricket....

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
So, you had yours on Cricket the entire time, and it did get the OTA update? I'm close to moving to a Pure, but want to make sure it's not limited updates on Cricket....

I've had mine on cricket since I got it and back in early Dec when people started saying they were getting the Marshmallow update I yanked the sim card and got the update no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz