Why is my phone crackling when I'm talking on it?

TanLove

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I've had my Moto X Pure for 1 months now, and lately when I'm talking on the phone and the phone is to my ear, there's a lot of crackling and popping noise. Even when I the volume is at the lowest it still happen. I have played around with the volume and nothing seems to work. I now have to take my calls using the speaker, which I don't want to do especially when I'm having private conversations. It's becoming annoying :mad:

Can you offer some help? Is there anything I can do? Or should I return this phone?

Thank you!

-Tan-

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is my phone crackling when I'm talking on it? HELP

Have you tried to wipe the cache from recovery?

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

If wiping the cache does not do it I would return it because mine is very clear and the wife when I first got it mentioned how much better it sounded on her end compared to the iphone I had.

Hello,
I've had my Moto X Pure for 1 months now, and lately when I'm talking on the phone and the phone is to my ear, there's a lot of crackling and popping noise. Even when I the volume is at the lowest it still happen. I have played around with the volume and nothing seems to work. I now have to take my calls using the speaker, which I don't want to do especially when I'm having private conversations. It's becoming annoying :mad:

Can you offer some help? Is there anything I can do? Or should I return this phone?

Thank you!

-Tan-

SASenfield

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Go into your network settings and disable Enhanced 4G LTE (aka VoLTE).

Posted via the Android Central App

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I have this same problem, which only cropped up when I received the Marshmallow update. About 1/3 of calls are garbled, popping garbage.

I'll try disabling VoLTE and see if that works.

TanLove

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Thanks everyone! I will try these suggestion and report back and let you know if it's fix. :)

TanLove

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

How would I wipe the cache from recovery? I have no idea how to do that...LOL!

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Just an update: Turning off VoLTE seems to have worked. All of my calls have been crystal clear since. Thanks for the tip!