PC no longer recognizing my Moto X Pure Edition

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Turbo Charge works still yes. And like I said, for me anyway, the computer still "sees" the phone, I just can't access the folders of storage on it.
I see. Do u get a notification on you phone when you plug it in like the pulldown maybe you need to switch the usb mode

Ederht

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Didi you solved this problem? I´m facing the same... Motorola support wants to factory reset (again), this is coming from the "notification bar" bug, I did a FR, but I can get my PC recognize my phone...

accratourz

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
The only fix that worked for me (just now) was to download Wondershare Mobile Go. It basically had me activate "developer options" in the settings (you simply tap the build number several times) and then enable USB debugging (why it is disabled is a mystery to begin with) and then I was able to access the files on my MXP through my PC. I was a cheapskate and purchased the 16GB version so I've been out of space to basically do anything and couldn't offload my pics and vids. This did the trick. Hopefully I can find out how to change ALL storage to go to my memory card. Not sure how to make that happen. Hopefully we'll get the Moto Z or Moto X 2016 here soon as well!

Anyhow, hope that helps.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Didi you solved this problem? I´m facing the same... Motorola support wants to factory reset (again), this is coming from the "notification bar" bug, I did a FR, but I can get my PC recognize my phone...

Nop never got it fixed, no quickcharge and PC not recognizing my phone. I just gave up waiting for moto z or Nexus.

Ian Connors

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I was struggling with this myself, and I just revoked the previous usb debugging authorizations, and it connected immediately. I don't know if you have already found a solution, considering this is a very old thread, but I hope it helps.

Muadh Solaija

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
* Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

And reboot the phone. It worked out for me.
Hope it will work out for others aswell.

Shuki

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem with a new device which came with marshmallow, except I have an imac and a pc and neither will recognize my device. I tried downloading motorola's MDM (device manager) but it did nothing. Developer Options doesn't show up, only Build Number. What is the next step after tapping Build Number and Developer Options is enabled? Thank you for your help!!

Last edited:

beingbeforedoing

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem, and it gave me hell for a while. My computer (Windows 7) recognized my Moto X Pure 2015 but when I clicked on the device it was like a blank folder and the SD card was also invisible. Reinstalling the drivers in device manager accomplished nothing. Reformatting the SD card was useless.

Luckily, in my Google research I stumbled upon this thread I read Ronnie's response to the OP:

When you plug it to your computer pull your notification shade down and choose "USB storage " or whatever it says anyway choose something like transfer files. Problem is you have to do it each and every time far as I can tell.

Note: This notification tile only shows up after you've plugged in the device. Once plugged in, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the USB Storage icon and select to use the device as charging AND file transfer. That did the trick for me immediately.

For those of you who don't receive this tile in the notifications shade when your device is plugged in via USB, I wish you the best of luck!

Phrog00

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
recently my pc stopped recognizing my moto x pure, when ever i plugged it in.
i have windows 10 and usualy it says the device is connected, but now it either will not show it connected or will give me a message.
image of message when trying to connect it to pc. https://gyazo.com/46462150a83c04bbda51efb98904dd68

i have the drivers installed already and i retried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers...
i tried restarting my pc and phone many times..
i have usb debugging off, i even tried to toggle it on and off..
i tried many usb cables and ports. still not working. it charges the phone but will not do anything els...
there is no notification on the phone that pops up. .

im really in a deep issue with this one.. please help.

Ok I figured out the fix at least on my laptop.

1. I downloaded windows 10 drivers for the Moyo X Pure Edition here... https://www.andromods.com/download-...re-edition-2015-usb-drivers-adb-fastboot.html

2. After installing I still had the same problem so I went into the Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager.

3. Scroll down until you see the Yellow triangle with the "!" Right Click on it and click on and select "Update Driver Software"

4. Click on "Browse My Computer fort Driver Software"

5. Click on "Let Me Pick From the list of devise drivers on my computer"

6. There will be two options in the box.. I tried the top selection and nothing then I tried the bottom selection and poof!! It worked!

Problem solved on my computer side.

Once it does connect, you still have to slide notification bar down on the phone and select file transfer from the usb prompt every time you connect but its the same with the moto G 3rd gen. Just get used to it caus there is no way to set it as default!

PPGandhi

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
* Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

Back out of that screen and go into Developer Options.

Scroll down until you see "Select USB Configuration" and select "MTP". It may take 30 seconds to a minute for the computer to recognize the switch within the phone.

Hope it helps!

I tried above steps. But still the drag down menu for selection option is still not appearing in my phone. Please help...!!!