Motorola Camera: How do you zoom? I can't figure it out.

goodenough

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This is such a piece of crap interface, because the traditional "pinching" method doesn't even remotely work.
Are you supposed to press that center zoom brightness control? It doesn't work with ANY consistency.
A total piece of junk design on the camera app. Should I install another camera app?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
In the future, instead of posting this embarrassing tirade, in the camera app, slide the settings menu out and hit the ? in the top right and it tells you how to use it

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Opposite of pinch.

Works well.14572252204640.jpg

Closeup using spread fingers or whatever the opposite of pinch is.

I've got the circle set to focus and have to use the shutter button.

anne gray1

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
The first poster has a good point, and well-expressed. Maybe if you don't want to help, please keep your parental comments to yourself. I have read the user instructions. The camera WILL NOT ZOOM when dragging the viewfinder up and down, slowly, lightly, firmly, any way. I can't find any settings which would have turned the Zoom off. Android 6.0 What is the fix for this?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Oddd... Never had any problem... just swipe up or down to zoom in our out. I can't change anything to make it fail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would point out that digital zoom is largely useless anyway, unless you want to see details of the object on your viewfinder before you take the shot for some reason. Remember that digital zoom essentially pre-crops your photo for you -- it doesn't actually zoom in, like an optical zoom does. In general, it's better to take the photo without digital zoom, then use photo editing tools afterwards to crop it. You'll have better control over the composition of your photo that way.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The first poster has a good point, and well-expressed. Maybe if you don't want to help, please keep your parental comments to yourself. I have read the user instructions. The camera WILL NOT ZOOM when dragging the viewfinder up and down, slowly, lightly, firmly, any way. I can't find any settings which would have turned the Zoom off. Android 6.0 What is the fix for this?
Welcome to the forums. In most Motorola phones you can zoom in & out swiping up & down outside the focus/exposure circle. Dragging this circle around will just change the focus point. Tell us if this work for you.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
About weeks ago, my camera just regressed ten years. I lost, completely, the selfie camera It's just gone. No icon for flip", no twist to flip...just gone completely. AND..zoom is gone It' doesn't matter if you pinch or unpinch. It does not work any more. not happy

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This is such a piece of crap interface, because the traditional "pinching" method doesn't even remotely work.
Are you supposed to press that center zoom brightness control? It doesn't work with ANY consistency.
A total piece of junk design on the camera app. Should I install another camera app?

Open Camera allows you to set the volume rocker as the zoom control. It also has multiple settings like a regular digital camera (THAT appeals to me).

mnalep

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
In the future, instead of posting this embarrassing tirade, in the camera app, slide the settings menu out and hit the ? in the top right and it tells you how to use it

I am trying to follow your post. I am in the camera app, how do you 'slide the settings menu out' ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki