Flashlight won't stay on

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I use the flashlight on my phone a lot. On my old phone (GS3), I found that with some apps, the flashlight would automatically turn off after a period of time (usually about 10 minutes). I used Power Toggles, because it would keep the light on till I turned it off. On the MXPE, I didn't have a problem with the light turning off at first, but that's changed for some reason.

Now, if I turn the light on with the Flashlight toggle in the notification slide, it usually* turns off after a short period and the Flashlight icon disappears. I then have to use another method of toggling the light before the Flashlight icon will show back up on the notification slide. If I use an app to control the flashlight, I get the same thing with the exception that the Flashlight icon in the notification slide doesn't disappear. With flashlight apps, the flashlight usually turns off just before the screen turns off.

I read somewhere that there's a feature associated with the Moto Chop action (I have this disabled) that will automatically turn the light off if the phone senses it's in a pocket or something, so I've tried orienting the phone different ways so the proximity sensors aren't blocked. This makes no difference.

*sometimes the flashlight will stay on indefinitely - no apparent rhyme or reason to why it does sometimes and not others

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Are we sure the flashlight is supposed to shut off once pocketed? I tried it and it didn't shut off. I have the chop action enabled.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49