Moto X Pure Edition: To buy or not to buy?

jmw1976

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Good Afternoon:

My contract is up and I am trying to decided whether to wait for the newest Moto X Pure or purchase the current edition. I am currently using a iPhone 6 and have had Android devices in the past so I am somewhat familiar with the OS. I am bored with apple and looking for the pure android experience. With that in mind I will also entertain thoughts on the Nexus 6P

Any forecasters out there have some helpful thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
re: Moto X Pure Edition:To buy or not to buy?

I guess it depends on how long you want to wait. The new Moto X probably won't be out until fall, since it tends to be released in the fall during September.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition:To buy or not to buy?

For the price, I'm not sure that you can do better than the pure. Do it.

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Wait for a new motorola or nexus device....

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Love mine and feel it is very capable still. If you don't need the very latest tech then go with the current model and save some cash. IMO there is just not that much left to be put in a phone that hasn't been done already. The current Pure is a solid performer and can be had for a decent price these days. Then in a year upgrade to the next gen and do it inexpensively yet again if you wish. I'm always enticed by the new shiny new tech but the newness factor wears off rather quickly. I've decided to personally slow down and use some restraint and best of all save money. And as mentioned it won't be out for many months yet anyway.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. For the right price, say $299/$349 for 16gb/32gb, it is a worthy buy. It is plenty fast and everything on it just works. There will be a new one early fall, but it will cost more.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I bought mine in October but I still don't see anything comparable in regard to price, quality, and performance as a whole. There are a couple that interest me like the LG V10 but that's still more money. I'd still buy the MXPE right now.

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I'd get the 6P as it is a top performer (camera, battery life to name a couple). I have the MPXPE but I'm kicking myself for not spending the extra $100 for the 6P. Yes I have buyer's remorse but also must say the MXPE is not a failure by any stretch.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I'd get the 6P as it is a top performer (camera, battery life to name a couple). I have the MPXPE but I'm kicking myself for not spending the extra $100 for the 6P. Yes I have buyer's remorse but also must say the MXPE is not a failure by any stretch.

I actually sold my 32gb day1 Nexus 6P and just bought an MXPE. My battery life is horrendous but overall I'm happier with this phone

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Love mine and feel it is very capable still. If you don't need the very latest tech then go with the current model and save some cash. IMO there is just not that much left to be put in a phone that hasn't been done already. The current Pure is a solid performer and can be had for a decent price these days. Then in a year upgrade to the next gen and do it inexpensively yet again if you wish. I'm always enticed by the new shiny new tech but the newness factor wears off rather quickly. I've decided to personally slow down and use some restraint and best of all save money. And as mentioned it won't be out for many months yet anyway.

This is a fantastic view and a situation I currently find myself battling.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Should I wait?

My wife cracked her screen on her second gen Moto X, and I was thinking of giving her my second gen Moto X and then upgrading to the Moto X Pure Edition. Is it worth it and or should I just wait for the Moto X 2016? Its getting close to when Moto releases new phones. Thanks!

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should I wait?

The release of the fourth gen Moto x is still nearly a half year away. If you can hold out that long, you're set.
Otherwise, the MXPE is still a very good phone. And if I'm not mistaken the price was recently reduced.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I would still buy one today. Either that or the LG V10, though that's more expensive

brisadeveranos

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

My wife cracked her screen on her second gen Moto X, and I was thinking of giving her my second gen Moto X and then upgrading to the Moto X Pure Edition. Is it worth it and or should I just wait for the Moto X 2016? Its getting close to when Moto releases new phones. Thanks!
I think you should buy the MXPE! I bought mine 2 months ago (an upgrade from the HTC One M9), and haven't looked back. The price is definitely right, and you can nab some great deals.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

In December I struggled choosing between the Nexus 6p and the Moto X PE and ultimately went with the MXPE. If I needed a new phone today those phones would still be my top two and I'd probably still go with the Moto.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
The 6p is on sale right now but I love my XPE and would buy it again.
The screen and speakers are great, love the camera, and I have the bamboo back and i love the way it looks.
You'd probably get better battery life w the 6p, but that said, I've never had it run out of juice before I got home.
I think it's a really good deal. I'm not planning on upgrading phones for a long time.

Edit- I think the XPE might be on sale right now too. I'd buy it.

brisadeveranos

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

How do you like the speakers when compared with the m9?
I had issues with the M9 and frequent overheating, but the best part of the phone was the BoomSound speakers! HTC takes the win on sound quality and crispness. I did away with my headphones and earbuds for nearly a year, LOL! However, the MXPE has been great on sound. I discovered that I was spoiled with dual front facing speakers, and I loved that the MXPE has this attribute. Two months in, and I have experienced strong sound and no issues with cracking when blaring Spotify or watching movies. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois