Motorola Facing $5M Lawsuit Over Poor Customer Service

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
After 4 years of being a loyal Motorola advocate it was their service / customer support that finally killed them to me. Waiting on my HTC 10.

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
More. Can't give an exact number, but when I saw 5M, I did a double take.

I agree. I also didn't like Motorola's response to the lawsuit either. It came out as arrogant and insincere. I like the Pure Edition but even I had to have one replaced. Things like this and the slowly removal of US influence has even had me wanting to move to another OEM.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My MXPE died on April 15th. I sent it back for repair.

Moto sent me a refurbished device today that was a paperweight. They never removed the previous owner's Google account before doing the FDR. So the refurbished device went back too, and I'm waiting yet again for a usable device. 😞

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Moto sent me a refurbished device today that was a paperweight. They never removed the previous owner's Google account before doing the FDR. So the refurbished device went back too, and I'm waiting yet again for a usable device. ??????

It took a month to send you a brick! Sad, sad, sad. Good luck with the next.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It took a month to send you a brick! Sad, sad, sad. Good luck with the next.
Granted, it took 2 weeks, not a month, but that's still unacceptable. I know better that I need to remove my Google account from a device if I'm giving it away or selling it, so the next person will be able to use it. An Android OEM should know how to properly reset Android devices.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Motorola died when Lenovo bought them. Sad but everything points to it, including Lenovo wanting to kill the name as a brand.

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Granted, it took 2 weeks, not a month, but that's still unacceptable. I know better that I need to remove my Google account from a device if I'm giving it away or selling it, so the next person will be able to use it. An Android OEM should know how to properly reset Android devices.
Wow! Given how long I've been an Android user, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know about the need to remove a Google account before discarding my phone; always thought the FDR would do it. Thank you!

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Moto sent me a refurbished device today that was a paperweight. They never removed the previous owner's Google account before doing the FDR. So the refurbished device went back too, and I'm waiting yet again for a usable device. ??????

That's awful. What happened to your original device?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Given how long I've been an Android user, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know about the need to remove a Google account before discarding my phone; always thought the FDR would do it. Thank you!

This is a relatively new thing. Some where in the Lollipop updates (5.0.1 I think).

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it is not Motorola that does these repair and replacements. I believe they are contracted out to some Chinese Company. They do all the shipping and replacements. As far as I know they do the repairs also. Motorola is really a shell company that contracts out everything to third party vendors. I have only owned Motorola phones until the blue tooth and WiFi began acting up. Blue Tooth wont connect any longer. Moto says its a Google Problem and there is a fix. Well I cant wait for Moto to get off their A$$ and put out an update. Not having Blue Tooth is somewhat of a serious issue these days. Also what happened to the quick updates with no carrier? All a bunch of BS. I went out last weekend and bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I like it so by by Moto.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Sadly it is not Motorola that does these repair and replacements. I believe they are contracted out to some Chinese Company. They do all the shipping and replacements. As far as I know they do the repairs also. Motorola is really a shell company that contracts out everything to third party vendors. I have only owned Motorola phones until the blue tooth and WiFi began acting up. Blue Tooth wont connect any longer. Moto says its a Google Problem and there is a fix. Well I cant wait for Moto to get off their A$$ and put out an update. Not having Blue Tooth is somewhat of a serious issue these days. Also what happened to the quick updates with no carrier? All a bunch of BS. I went out last weekend and bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I like it so by by Moto.

As I mentioned above, Motorola was sold to Lenovo, a Chinese company, and Lenovo has killed Motorola -- it is since Lenovo bought the company that Customer Service (which was never the best) became horrible and that they quit creating quick (or even any) updates. The Motorola name is even going away -- while Lenovo will keep the "Moto" name for the phones, they will be a Lenovo Moto phone, not Motorola.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's awful. What happened to your original device?
I was playing a YouTube video, and the device shut off. When I tried to reboot it to recovery, no recovery existed.
049ae2b73e4d880404c6f3bfe0c9e22d.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781