Chrome Performance

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
One of the main ways I judge my Android devices is Chrome performance... Specifically being able to load a webpage, check a text message, then go back to the webpage and it still being up and not needing to reload.

When I got this phone it worked that way.

I did a system restore only a couple months ago and I'm not interested in doing system restores every couple of months.

But now it has to reload the page even if I just hit home and then go back to chrome. Not even going to another app in between.

It sucks.

I've cleared caches and everything. No help.

Any ideas?

Does it work this way for the rest of you too? Do I need a phone with 16gb of RAM? Haha.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh and I should add that the last couple days the Facebook app is doing the same thing... If I'm in the middle of typing a comment, switch to email or text or calendar or whatever, then switch back, I get the full blue screen Facebook logo as it loads for like 5 seconds then just loads my feed. My comment I was typing is gone. It's like the exact opposite of multitasking.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen occasional chrome reloads and rarely see Facebook reloads. However, I cannot replicate them at will.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea never used to be this way. All my issues have been since Marshmallow. Almost makes me want to look into rooting and flashing back to Lollipop. Or looking into a warranty replacement. The phone is just running like crap and I'm really not looking forward to doing another system restore.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I go back and forth with Chrome and the AC app to link articles, then go back to Chrome to cut and paste for a quote.

I don't see the behavior you're describing regularly.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It's officially gotten to the point where it happens EVERY single time with Chrome, Facebook and Feedly, my 3 most used apps. Navigate away, go back and it has to reload. Really really annoying. This phone was the best but it's just dying on me. I don't even have half of my 64gb storage used, so it's not like I'm crapping it up with lots of stuff. And I only have a few widgets running.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's officially gotten to the point where it happens EVERY single time with Chrome, Facebook and Feedly, my 3 most used apps. Navigate away, go back and it has to reload. Really really annoying. This phone was the best but it's just dying on me. I don't even have half of my 64gb storage used, so it's not like I'm crapping it up with lots of stuff. And I only have a few widgets running.

What other apps are you using? Perhaps there's other RAM intensive apps in use causing other apps to close to free space?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I mean it's so hard to pinpoint. I had over 120 apps/games installed. The problem with Android is it's not like I'm actively using them, but unlike what people claim (people say Android is designed to automatically manage memory properly), it does appear that simply having them installed causes performance issues. I just dropped down to 106 apps and so far things seem to be better. Then again there were a bunch of updates overnight so maybe something got updated that helped too...

As for "running" ... I mean I don't even use a custom launcher because I want as little running as possible. The only things I'd consider always running are the chronus and any.do widgets, last pass... and then I guess all the social network apps that are always running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34