Motorola/Lenovo Support

shermpre

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So often online forums are simply places to complain. Positive experiences aren't regularly posted. I had a good experience with Motorola Support (except for 45 mins on the phone and multiple reps). My Moto X Pure has been running hot, rebooting, quickly depleting the battery. I did everything to solve the problem, including a factory reset. Considering the phone has a one-year warranty until September I called Motorola to get a replacement device. At first they said they would send me a refurbished replacement once I sent in my phone. I told them this wasn't acceptable since I couldn't be without my phone for the week+ it would take to do the exchange. After pressing them they finally agreed (to my surprise) to let me order a brand new phone using Moto Maker and then send them the replacement once I got the new phone. No refurbished phone, no waiting without a phone, no cost. I'm happy with that outcome.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for sharing that - you're right, we don't get these stories very often. Glad they were able to help you out!

gcnts

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had your rep. I called because my usb charging port has gotten increasingly loose to the point that I have to prop it on a deck of cards at night to get it to charge. First they said my only option was to send in my phone for repair. I told them I couldn't be without a phone that long as I use it for work. Also, I paid $80 for the upgraded warranty. I finally got transferred to someone who said they could do an advance replacement but it would be $24.99 plus a $250 deposit that would be refunded when they received my old phone. I gave up after a half hour of trying. Considering doing the repair myself. I was disappointed and wish that I hadn't paid for the extra warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App