This fast updates stuff doesn't seem to apply

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how to react to that article. I looked at the linked findings, and they didn't say what devices they looked at going from LP to MM; it was a rather vague statement.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
They are so a screwed up. I just got another update for my Moto 360 watch. My watch is now at 6.0.1 with August security patch and my Moto X Pure is still 6.0 and May security patch. Doesn't make sense.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are planning to take us straight to Nougat (7.0), but there were security fixes in 6.0.1 that sure would help our phones !!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are planning to take us straight to Nougat (7.0), but there were security fixes in 6.0.1 that sure would help our phones !!
And what are these fixes in 6.0.1 that would help our phones?

The benefits were:

ENHANCEMENTS
This update introduces changes including the following:
Android SecurityIncludes the updates of Android security patches until March 1st 2016.
Power button to launch cameraYou can now launch the camera by double-pressing the power button.
Camera shutter tone switchThe camera shutter tone switch is back. Now you can turn off and on the sound of the camera shutter at any time.
Stability ImprovementsIncludes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Some have had MMS issues. This was a known bug that was corrected in 6.01. My Pure would be fine for a while and then suddenly it couldn't send or receive MMS. You had to clear a few things to get it to work again or switch messaging apps. It was a pain. I am hoping N comes soon for the Pure. It's sitting in its box waiting. For now Android N on my 5x (which was supposed to be my backup phone) has been just excellent.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to be optimistic, not argue, ignores poster.....

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm not trying to argue either... 6.0.1 seems to have been rolled out on an "as needed" basis, and Moto may have just decided to skip it for this device... I would also agree that likely won't get it at this point and will go directly to Nougat.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, it's October and we still have only the May security update on 6.0.0...
Come On Lenovo get us a security update, 6.1, or or better yet 7.0 !!!!!

ngoufo signe ivan

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
hey guys... where can i find the link for the update.
on my watch :
android wear
services Google play

I can do nothing on it... not even change the watch face from my phone
it syncs but not the watch face...

I connect it with samsung S5 android 5.0
I am looking for that link and the way to do it.
Please !!!!!!

Leblon

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X Pure on T-Mobile has an awful bug related to voLTE and chopped voice calls on our end. Lenovo knows about it and chosen not to address. I have posted a question here trying to find out if anyone has this phone on T-MO and no answers after 110 views. My post has a link to a discussion thread at the Lenovo Forums where people are really pissed about that. It started after the MM update as I've heard LP was fine.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X Pure on T-Mobile has an awful bug related to voLTE and chopped voice calls on our end. Lenovo knows about it and chosen not to address. I have posted a question here trying to find out if anyone has this phone on T-MO and no answers after 110 views. My post has a link to a discussion thread at the Lenovo Forums where people are really pissed about that. It started after the MM update as I've heard LP was fine.
And what's your point? It is a known fact that VoLTE on Moto with both Verizon and T-Mo is problematic for some people, and others have no issue... it doesn't effect everyone though, and most people have perfectly clear 3G/GSM voice on Tmo and CDMA voice on Verizon. We also know that VoLTE does not work at all on Jio (a huge VoLTE only carrier in India). These issues don't effect carriers like AT&T or Sprint because they don't allow non-carrier branded phones to access those features. And to be honest, it was problematic on LP as well...

Now, I am no Moto fanboy, I have had several of them but also LG, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, ZTE Axon, and other devices... The fact is Lenovo doesn't really care about any device over 6 months old, they are NOT Motorola, Moto as we knew it does not exist anymore, heck 90% of their workforce has been let go, but Lenovo just wants you to buy a new device. Is it right, nope, not at all... especially since many of us purchased these device with the promise of fast updates, assuming this also meant quick bug fixes, and until about a year or so ago that was what we had, but Lenovo has pushed Moto into it's cycle of planned obsolescence, and they don't care how you feel about it, heck even when nearly 15,000 people sign a petition, Motovono doesn't even bother to acknowledge it, much less consider doing anything about it, they just want you to buy a new device.

We all know it, and there is nothing we can do about it... Nothing that will make Moto take up any notice apparently, even if every Moto owner on this forum chose not to buy another Moto product, they would barely notice since they now have Amazon on their side and the Moto G4 is one of the best selling and rated unlocked device in the world this year, surpassing even what the Moto G 2015 sold last year (which was the best selling Moto has ever had).

So what am I trying to say... Will Moto fix it? Perhaps with the Nougat update next year, if that happens (it is supposed to, but I'll believe it when I see it), perhaps they won't fix it all and they will blame it on a hardware issue or incompatibility, or maybe they will just continue the status quo of not even acknowledging the problem is a real problem. Welcome to the disposable economy of today.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
And what's your point? It is a known fact that VoLTE on Moto with both Verizon and T-Mo is problematic for some people, and others have no issue... it doesn't effect everyone though, and most people have perfectly clear 3G/GSM voice on Tmo and CDMA voice on Verizon. We also know that VoLTE does not work at all on Jio (a huge VoLTE only carrier in India). These issues don't effect carriers like AT&T or Sprint because they don't allow non-carrier branded phones to access those features. And to be honest, it was problematic on LP as well...

Now, I am no Moto fanboy, I have had several of them but also LG, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, ZTE Axon, and other devices... The fact is Lenovo doesn't really care about any device over 6 months old, they are NOT Motorola, Moto as we knew it does not exist anymore, heck 90% of their workforce has been let go, but Lenovo just wants you to buy a new device. Is it right, nope, not at all... especially since many of us purchased these device with the promise of fast updates, assuming this also meant quick bug fixes, and until about a year or so ago that was what we had, but Lenovo has pushed Moto into it's cycle of planned obsolescence, and they don't care how you feel about it, heck even when nearly 15,000 people sign a petition, Motovono doesn't even bother to acknowledge it, much less consider doing anything about it, they just want you to buy a new device.

We all know it, and there is nothing we can do about it... Nothing that will make Moto take up any notice apparently, even if every Moto owner on this forum chose not to buy another Moto product, they would barely notice since they now have Amazon on their side and the Moto G4 is one of the best selling and rated unlocked device in the world this year, surpassing even what the Moto G 2015 sold last year (which was the best selling Moto has ever had).

So what am I trying to say... Will Moto fix it? Perhaps with the Nougat update next year, if that happens (it is supposed to, but I'll believe it when I see it), perhaps they won't fix it all and they will blame it on a hardware issue or incompatibility, or maybe they will just continue the status quo of not even acknowledging the problem is a real problem. Welcome to the disposable economy of today.

People fell in love with the Motorola under Google. But Motorola under Lenovo is just like the old Motorola.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
People fell in love with the Motorola under Google. But Motorola under Lenovo is just like the old Motorola.
No, it is worse... significantly. Although Motorola wasn't the cream of the crop before purchased by Google, there was a worse and they were innovators in the Android market, consider the Motorola Droid, and they were much more responsive to problems and upgrades than today. When the spin-off Motorola Mobility was purchased by Google in 2011 it improved a lot over the next few years, and at first after the purchase by Lenovo in October of 2014 it seemed things would stay fairly status quo, but from about August 2015 to March 2016 with Lenovo integrating Moto into their outlook and stance changed... and no Lenovo has announced there will be no more Vibe phones, everything will be under Moto, the final nail was driven in and the customers are left holding the bag. It's a sad story for what was an American giant in technology.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No, it is worse... significantly. Although Motorola wasn't the cream of the crop before purchased by Google, there was a worse and they were innovators in the Android market, consider the Motorola Droid, and they were much more responsive to problems and upgrades than today. When the spin-off Motorola Mobility was purchased by Google in 2011 it improved a lot over the next few years, and at first after the purchase by Lenovo in October of 2014 it seemed things would stay fairly status quo, but from about August 2015 to March 2016 with Lenovo integrating Moto into their outlook and stance changed... and no Lenovo has announced there will be no more Vibe phones, everything will be under Moto, the final nail was driven in and the customers are left holding the bag. It's a sad story for what was an American giant in technology.

Tell that to people who waited on updates to the DROID 2, DROID Pro, DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, etc., etc., etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci