Thinking of Coming Over From iOS

baseballbert

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Like the title says, thinking of coming over. I think the Moto X Pure 2nd gen is the coolest Android phone. I like the form factor a ton, display is great and it felt good to hold.

Plus, I don't want bloatware and I want to make sure I get updates. Definitely one of the nice things about iOS.

That said, is this phone relatively future proof?

Does it have expandable memory?

Is there a newer model?

Does it get updates the way the Nexus phones do?

How hard is it to get iBook audiobooks and iTunes music over?

I'm hoping that if I sell my iPhone 6, I'll break even on the purchase of the X.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says, thinking of coming over. I think the Moto X Pure 2nd gen is the coolest Android phone. I like the form factor a ton, display is great and it felt good to hold.

Plus, I don't want bloatware and I want to make sure I get updates. Definitely one of the nice things about iOS.

That said, is this phone relatively future proof?

Does it have expandable memory?

Is there a newer model?

Does it get updates the way the Nexus phones do?

How hard is it to get iBook audiobooks and iTunes music over?

I'm hoping that if I sell my iPhone 6, I'll break even on the purchase of the X.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

No phone is "future proof" and Moto does not commit to updates anymore.

There is expandable memory via Microsd card, cards up to 200gb are known to work.

There is no newer model yet, but there are rumors of a 2016 model being announced soon, but nothing official.

Not sure what you by "updates like Nexus phones do"... Nothing gets updates like a Nexus device directly from Google. Moto seems to updating this model as needed and is averaging 3-6 months behind in security updates (which in my opinion is not an issue).

I have no info on iTunes/iBooks, etc. Sorry.

Battery life is hard to comment on... Depends entirely on usage habits and apps. I regularly get a full day with 4 hours of screen on time, but that varies a lot. I typically charge when it's available.