"New" My Verizon app can't be installed?

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got my MXPE back in February and never had a problem getting it to work on Verizon or using the My Verizon app. I have the data usage meter on my home screen and was able to get into my account through the app.

A couple of months ago, Verizon did a total revamp on their My Verizon app. When I went to install the new app though, I got an error: "'My Verizon' can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (link). (Error code: -505)." I figured this was a temporary problem, so I would try it again on occasion, but always got the same error. The old app still worked, the meter still worked, and I could still get into my account to do whatever I needed to do.

Somewhat recently, they stopped allowing account access through the old app. The meter still works, but I can't get into my account. But I am still getting the same error when I try to install the new app. Is anyone out there successfully using the new app on their MXPE? Did you do anything special to get it to install? I'm tempted to uninstall the old app to see if that would allow me to install the new one, but I am afraid it still won't work and then I won't have access to the meter from the old app and won't be able to reinstall the old app again.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I got my MXPE back in February and never had a problem getting it to work on Verizon or using the My Verizon app. I have the data usage meter on my home screen and was able to get into my account through the app.

A couple of months ago, Verizon did a total revamp on their My Verizon app. When I went to install the new app though, I got an error: "'My Verizon' can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (link). (Error code: -505)." I figured this was a temporary problem, so I would try it again on occasion, but always got the same error. The old app still worked, the meter still worked, and I could still get into my account to do whatever I needed to do.

Somewhat recently, they stopped allowing account access through the old app. The meter still works, but I can't get into my account. But I am still getting the same error when I try to install the new app. Is anyone out there successfully using the new app on their MXPE? Did you do anything special to get it to install? I'm tempted to uninstall the old app to see if that would allow me to install the new one, but I am afraid it still won't work and then I won't have access to the meter from the old app and won't be able to reinstall the old app again.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

I had the same problem some time ago. Uninstall the app then reinstall it. It will work just fine. The new app is much better. You will not miss the old app at all, for the new app has everything the old app had, and then some.

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem some time ago. Uninstall the app then reinstall it. It will work just fine. The new app is much better. You will not miss the old app at all, for the new app has everything the old app had, and then some.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know that SOMEONE out there had gotten the new app working on the MXPE before I removed the old one.

I went ahead and uninstalled the old app and installed the new one. It worked!

Unfortunately, now I can't seem to get the data widget working. The only widgets for the My Verizon app are the dark version and the light version of the same thing. I added one and it tells me to "Tap to activate." I tap it, and it just brings me into the app. I was hoping it would then become the data widget itself, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Has anyone had to do any special steps to get the data widget working with the new app?

Thanks.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
As an alternate solution you could always put a browser bookmark on your screen and access the Verizon site that way. Not the same, I know, but works well.

kurtstephens

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, widget stuck on "Tap to activate". I tried to get help from the My Verizon developers but their only answer was to get rid of the widget, clear the cache, reinstall the app and reregister the widget on your home screen (4 replies to the mail in which I kept saying I already tried it). I literally have done it 10 or 12 times and no dice. I guess it doesn't work on this phone.