Financial Question: Motorola Credit Account

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know this is probably very off topic, but I am hoping for some feedback.

I've had a Motorola Credit Account through Comenity Bank since about 2013. I've used it to purchase the Moto X 2013 and Moto X Pure and currently have a zero balance and all payments were made on time.

I was just advised by mail that Comenity is terminating all accounts in 30 days.

1. Does anyone else have a Motorola Credit Account?

2. Is it better if I call in to close the account myself, or just let them close it in a month.

I called and spoke to a rep to see how this would be reported to the credit bureau and she wasn't sure.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
From a credit reporting standpoint, the account will actually remain current as an active line of credit as long as payments remain current. You simply won't be able to make new purchases with that method. Since you are already at a zero balance, there is no difference between them cancelling it and you initiating it.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. I know when accounts are closed, it can be reported to the credit bureau as CLOSED BY BANK or CLOSED BY CONSUMER. I thought one looked better than the other, but thanks for the information.

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I have 3 accounts with them and received no such notice. The only one with a balance is through Motorola, but still nothing about closures.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 accounts with them and received no such notice. The only one with a balance is through Motorola, but still nothing about closures.

I asked them if my account wa being closed for inactivity or other reasons and was told that all Motorola accounts were being closed. I would be curious what they would tell you if you called. I was advised in the letter that the account will no longer be usable after November 29, though it would remain open until any balances were paid in full.

Not a huge deal, since I had a zero balance and didn't see myself getting a Motorola device anytime soon.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I still am finishing paying for my Moto X Pure thru Comenity Bank. I received that notice. Basically no new purchases can be made after November, but I keep paying my existing balance under same terms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol