Moto X pure, heating and battery

A

AC Question

Hi, a couple of months ago I bought this phone and few days ago I played a game on this phone (I'm not a mobile gamer). After about 50 min of light gaming the temperature was about 46°c, I checked it on an app called Ampere. I am a little worried because I'm very sure that the temperature had raised within the first 10 mins and it was constant for the remaining 40mins. Is this normal?
Also about the battery life, I had seen many reviews before I bought this phone about screen on time being somewhere between 3-4 hrs on light to moderate usage. On my device with light to moderate usage (YouTube, WhatsApp, mails, calls, music) I barely get about 2:30 - 2:50 hrs of screen on time except for a couple of rare occasions when it crossed just a few mins above 3hrs.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, a couple of months ago I bought this phone and few days ago I played a game on this phone (I'm not a mobile gamer). After about 50 min of light gaming the temperature was about 46°c, I checked it on an app called Ampere. I am a little worried because I'm very sure that the temperature had raised within the first 10 mins and it was constant for the remaining 40mins. Is this normal?
Also about the battery life, I had seen many reviews before I bought this phone about screen on time being somewhere between 3-4 hrs on light to moderate usage. On my device with light to moderate usage (YouTube, WhatsApp, mails, calls, music) I barely get about 2:30 - 2:50 hrs of screen on time except for a couple of rare occasions when it crossed just a few mins above 3hrs.
I really don't know where reviewers get this information from... 46C (114F) is pretty normal for this device under load and charging... I have seen it hit about 116F with an ambient temp of 72F and have no concerns. When I had an HTC Rezound we used to tell people up to 130F or even 134F was "normal", thermal throttling wouldn't occur until about 142F-145F.

The battery life on this device is a really mixed bag, but 3 hours SOT over a 12-16 hour period is pretty normal, I've seen it range from 2 hours to close to 5 hours... the big factors here are signal strength, which poor signal seems to have an exponential effect on battery in this device, and the screen brightness. The screen on this device is a battery *****, it will suck your battery dry in just over an hour on full brightness in outdoor sunlight with adaptive brightness turned on. Now, if I sit at home on WiFi and the screen brightness is turned down low and I am doing very light usage stuff like Moon+ Reader or simple social media I can get 5 hours of continuous use easy, but that isn't really "normal" in my book.

BTW, I have never heard of Ampere... I use GSAM Battery Monitor, when you install it it will walk you through doing a ADB command that can give the app all kinds of stats that normally require root. It is a very solid app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad