When should we expect to get Nougat?

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Even Samsung is starting to role it.
I never thought we'll get an update after Samsung which are known to be slow updaters.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Remember, this is a 2015 phone. Motorola usually does the newer phones first.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the "current" expectation is from Moto Germany's blog or Twitter, I don't remember exactly which one. It was stated not to expect it before May.

TBH, We have no idea, it could come out tomorrow, next month, this summer, or be canceled all together. Moto isn't one to offer schedules for the most part.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Email about what?
It is said that some MFN (Motorola Feedback Network) registered users have received the initial survey to participate in a new update to the Moto X Pure, it is assumed it is Nougat (but NOT specificied, safe to assume it is)... but there are no rumors the beta has started yet. These rumors come from major Android news sources like Android Police, Android Authority, and Phandroid.

If history repeats, then barring any problems, typically it is a 4-6 weeks after the tests begin before roll-out to the general public. So if the rumors are correct and there are no problems, expect a general roll-out of the upgrade early to mid May.

This is just speaking from trials I have been in previously on previous Moto handsets, no guarantee it will be the same but it's a good guess.

You won't see any current MFN users discuss this test or upgrade or whatever it is, part of being in a test with MFN is you are under a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and Moto takes it very seriously.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've already seen it running on an MXPE, and quite well I may add :-D ... and quite stock as well, thank goodness :)
Just be patient, nougat's coming shortly, Ace is on the money ;-)

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So....it's now April 16, 2017 and still no Nougat that was promised originally for early in the 4th quarter of last year. I can buy a laptop computer for less money and get continual updates. There's no reason a phone with "Pure" Android shouldn't get updated reliably and frequently. Like the OnePlus, which is already up to 7.1.1 and the latest security updates.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
We have three Moto X Pure Edition 2015 devices in the family.
We've decided to go for the next pixel device as an upgrade, purely because motorola doesn't upgrades to Nougat on time, as it promised last year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We have three Moto X Pure Edition 2015 devices in the family.
We've decided to go for the next pixel device as an upgrade, purely because motorola doesn't upgrades to Nougat on time, as it promised last year.

When did they promise Nougat "on time"?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So....it's now April 16, 2017 and still no Nougat that was promised originally for early in the 4th quarter of last year. I can buy a laptop computer for less money and get continual updates. There's no reason a phone with "Pure" Android shouldn't get updated reliably and frequently. Like the OnePlus, which is already up to 7.1.1 and the latest security updates.

Source for Q4 2016?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance