If you decide to replace your Moto X PE what phone would you get?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I still like my phone well enough, but there are things that frustrate like poor picture quality, decreasing battery life, quirks with notification sounds not always sounding, and other minor annoyances. Google pixel looks interesting. Too bad the Mate 9 is proprietary.

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm personally curious about the next Pixel iteration. Most likely (not 100% sure) will be my next Android device. But still attached to my MXPE. Still a great device for me.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The CDMA requirement kills most phones other than Pixel or carrier provided, not too many unlocked devices doing CDMA.

Pixel would be only choice I guess, don't think the Axon 7 or OnePlus 3T would fit the bill, although those would be my main devices as alternatives at this time.

I will probably never own another Moto device now that Lenovo owns the name.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I did replace my MXPE. I got the Pixel. I only did it because I broke the MXPE.
No regrets. Love the Pixel. Loved the MXPE too.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My MXPE is a great high quality looking, feeling, and performing phone. I really like the Moto voice feature. If I get another Android phone it would probably be another Moto. Not sure that'll be happening though 😕

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
NEXUS phones also support CDMA.
The CDMA requirement kills most phones other than Pixel or carrier provided, not too many unlocked devices doing CDMA.

Pixel would be only choice I guess, don't think the Axon 7 or OnePlus 3T would fit the bill, although those would be my main devices as alternatives at this time.

I will probably never own another Moto device now that Lenovo owns the name.
The camera quality is not an issue for me, I'm not necesarily a photog. Its good enough for my use.
The intermittant notification sounds are also not an issue, since its connected to my Android Wear device, nearly always and the watch vibrates when receive something.

I bought a 64GB from B&H Photo, new for $250. $100 less than I paid for my DD 32GB MXPE from Amamzon, in December 2015.
This is my backup, stay stock phone.
There is nothing else available that I would want.
My requirements are Bootloader unlockable / rootable, bloat free and micro SD card.
I am really liking this phone, but like others, I doubt I will be getting annother Moto/Lenovo device, because of the direction and lack of support from Lenovo.
I've always preferred Motorola devices, for their stron radios. Afterall, the radio is the most important aspect of a phone.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to check out the new Pixels when available but will also see what Moto has to offer. Will most likely go with a Pixel though.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 8. MXP is only a place holder until this fall. Had said I wasn't going to buy another Moto before the MXP, but it was the best cheap phone I was willing to deal with for 10 months.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a phone out there that has the features I want other than MXPE. I really love the front facing speakers. I like the size, the screen, camera is ok, it's unlocked and I can root it. So, I bought another one and have it sitting in a box in case the first one dies or the battery gets old. It's not the perfect smartphone but it's the closest I've found for my needs.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
after seeing how capable is my wife's Droid Z Play and w comfortable 2 day battery, I see no reason to look elsewhere. mods are just cherry on top. another reason to stick to Moto is convenience of Active Display. once you get to use it (3+ yrs now) it's really hard to go without.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
My MXPE gets paid off next month, so I'm hoping to pick up a Moto Z Play, unlocked. Probably not right away, but in a few months. My X will enjoy a leisurely retirement with all the other mobiles in my collection.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I went with a Pixel. 128 GB, Black. I lucked into Verizon having one in stock in a Corporate store when I was ready. I was trying to hold off, but my MXPE quit Turbo charging with both the wall charger and the car charger. That was the last straw.

I liked a lot about the MXPE, but so far the Pixel is better in several ways: Size, battery life (even compared to the MXPE when new), heat, and of course, updates. EDIT: Also USB-C

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12