Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a system update on my Moto X Pure that appears to be Nougat update.
Has anyone other Moto X user seen it?
nougat.jpg

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep this is about the time frame for it to show up.....A co-worker was part of the soak test, and it seemed to be running fine on his MXPE.
Come on, try it out, someone's got to be the guinea pig lol.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Shouldn't it be notified as "Android 7.0" in the upgrade notification massage? I don't see it in the screenshot.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep this is about the time frame for it to show up.....A co-worker was part of the soak test, and it seemed to be running fine on his MXPE.
Come on, try it out, someone's got to be the guinea pig lol.
I was backing up everything, just in case....
I will install it and let you know how it goes...

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry was busy and the Wi-Fi sucks at work...slower than snails. As you know this updates need Wi-Fi even though my LTE is super fast.

The installation took 18 minutes including ‘optimizing app’ (177 apps) section that took only 7 minutes. I remember that Android 6.0 took more than twice that amount.
You will see a Lenovo and MOTO red logos at boot-up with ‘Motorola: a Lenovo company’ at the bottom of the screen while booting.
Finally, I can open two apps at once, play a Youtube video while texting.
Also unlocking with face recognition is available and does work.
Everything works just fine.
Ask away...

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry was busy and the Wi-Fi sucks at work...slower than snails. As you know this updates need Wi-Fi even though my LTE is super fast.

The installation took 18 minutes including ‘optimizing app’ (177 apps) section that took only 7 minutes. I remember that Android 6.0 took more than twice that amount.
You will see a Lenovo and MOTO red logos at boot-up with ‘Motorola: a Lenovo company’ at the bottom of the screen while booting.
Finally, I can open two apps at once, play a Youtube video while texting.
Also unlocking with face recognition is available and does work.
Everything works just fine.
Ask away...

Check color mode, under settings, display... Changing from vibrant to standard does nothing anymore and when you reboot, defaults back to vibrant...bug?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OP, folks over at xda, say that your screenshots are bogus.
Just sayin'....
Although it is possibly a fake, why? I doubt it is anything but legit? You can't change the kernel version even with build.prop changes and the Android version is clearly 7.0, there are no custom ROMs out there that are 7.0 with an April 1 security update (unless the OP compiled there own). There is a hamburger menu is on the left, not the arrow, of the Phone Status screen shot, indicating Android 7, not 6.

nougatscreenshot.png

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.
I got excited and posted a link to this thread, on xda, and got ponced.
I was just passing info back here.
I obviously don't know what's real or knot.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh, if you use any fake (mock) location app, it will not longer work.
Split screen
split 5.jpg

split4.jpg

Attachments

• split2.jpg
    split2.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, looks like it's legit... The threads about Nougat update on the official Moto/Lenovo support site are not being deleted or edited, and the screenshots are not being pulled either. They are not "officially" confirming or denying it's being rolled out, but they are answering questions about how/why removing your SIM can get you the update quicker.

Normally they pull any fake or soak related information very quickly, and Moto representatives have responded in several threads without deleting/editing anything posted. That is a telltale sign it's for real.

meathead88

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
Well, looks like it's legit... The threads about Nougat update on the official Moto/Lenovo support site are not being deleted or edited, and the screenshots are not being pulled either. They are not "officially" confirming or denying it's being rolled out, but they are answering questions about how/why removing your SIM can get you the update quicker.

Normally they pull any fake or soak related information very quickly, and Moto representatives have responded in several threads without deleting/editing anything posted. That is a telltale sign it's for real.

Linky please so I can get this update moving :)

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

User Moto Guy @ XDA swears that I am part of a Nougat soak test I never join or have any knowledge even existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.