Moto X Pure does not boot

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Today my Moto X Pure decided to restart and it went to the image of the Android robot with the red exclamation mark.
I could get into Recovery Mode (see pic).
I tried Reboot but it doesn't. I wiped the Cache Partition, then reboot and then it goes back the Android robot with the red exclamation mark.

recovery.jpg

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So you are on stock Nougat... not a good sign.

Normally I would suggest a factory reset, but I know there have been issues with it in the past, but I think build 13 fixed it from what others have said.

So it just starts to bootloader, or loops, or ???

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So you are on stock Nougat... not a good sign.

Normally I would suggest a factory reset, but I know there have been issues with it in the past, but I think build 13 fixed it from what others have said.

So it just starts to bootloader, or loops, or ???
It's back... phew
It was a loop. It will show the Moto logo then back to the Android robot with the red exclamation mark.
I removed both, the SIM and SD card and selected Power off and it came back to live.
Thanks to Moto Guy for the tips...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's back... phew
It was a loop. It will show the Moto logo then back to the Android robot with the red exclamation mark.
I removed both, the SIM and SD card and selected Power off and it came back to live.
Thanks to Moto Guy for the tips...
Cool...

Can I make a suggestion though... if it was me I would enable developer options and turn on OEM Unlocking option. DON'T actually unlock the device, just turn on the option to allow it to be done. With the stability of these Nougat tests, it would be nice to have an out in an emergency.

The more I hear about Nougat on this device the more concerned I get that it will ever be truly stable and usable... I am sure it will be eventually, but some of the major bugs that have been in testing are pretty serious show stoppers. Makes me wonder if when it does roll out if I should wait a month or so and make sure it's stable enough before accepting it, and I have NEVER felt that kind of concern with any previous Moto update on any device.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Cool...

Can I make a suggestion though... if it was me I would enable developer options and turn on OEM Unlocking option. DON'T actually unlock the device, just turn on the option to allow it to be done. With the stability of these Nougat tests, it would be nice to have an out in an emergency.

The more I hear about Nougat on this device the more concerned I get that it will ever be truly stable and usable... I am sure it will be eventually, but some of the major bugs that have been in testing are pretty serious show stoppers. Makes me wonder if when it does roll out if I should wait a month or so and make sure it's stable enough before accepting it, and I have NEVER felt that kind of concern with any previous Moto update on any device.

Will do.
I had left 'USB debugging' on, just in case, but 'OEM unlocking' did not crossed my mind. That's a much better option.
Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon