PSA- Root now available for AT&T and VZW Moto X's!!!

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
what benefit is there to root this phone? no im not a noob asking a silly question just giving food for thought. these phones are so capable out of the box that rooting i almost unnecessary . i probably wouldnt do more than a launcher for fear of making the device worse than it is. theres always a trade off.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I've rooted all of my phones prior to the X and I always find myself regretting it after a while. While I do miss tethering it's just not worth it to me anymore.

Posted via Moto X

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
what benefit is there to root this phone? no im not a noob asking a silly question just giving food for thought. these phones are so capable out of the box that rooting i almost unnecessary . i probably wouldnt do more than a launcher for fear of making the device worse than it is. theres always a trade off.

I froze a bunch of stuff, greenified everything else, went through with Autostarts and disabled what I could. Nothing runs on my phone without my say so. My idle drain is pretty much nonexistent now. I lost 2% the other night between 1am and 9am. That's quite a stark contrast from the 10-15% I used to lose. Aside from all that, nothing needs to be done to the Moto X. No custom ROM needed, no custom kernel, no OC/UV... Even with all I did, everything works like it was stock.

Edit: I also just switched my MMS app to a dark themed one.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I wanted root so I could install AdAway.