Unrestricted Tether T-Mobile NO ROOT

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
from pelebkf over at XDA: "Edit the main APN "T-Mobile US LTE" and add ",dun" to the end of the "APN type" (so the it should say "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun") then save it."
Just tried this on my stock, unrooted, XT1053, and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
from pelebkf over at XDA: "Edit the main APN "T-Mobile US LTE" and add ",dun" to the end of the "APN type" (so the it should say "default,mms,supl,hipri,fots,dun") then save it."
Just tried this on my stock, unrooted, XT1053, and it worked like a charm.
Wow...it works. Thanks !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...it works. Thanks !!!!
FYI...I think you had a typo. FOTA not FOTS.

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it right now. My iPad Air is tethered to my Moto X. I don't require it too frequently but it's sure nice to finally have it working.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I came across the same issue using AirVoice - adding 'dun' to the APN. I never considered it a workaround though... I just considered it "proper configuration".

Regardless of what you call it, it's good to know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance please, but how do you append the APN type?? Where can I even see that?

Thanks.

If you want to edit an existing T-Mobile LTE APN, go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Then just tap on the fast.t-mobile.com one to open it for editing -> then hit APN type (it's closer to the bottom of the list) and add ,dun to the end.

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you want to edit an existing T-Mobile LTE APN, go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Then just tap on the fast.t-mobile.com one to open it for editing -> then hit APN type (it's closer to the bottom of the list) and add ,dun to the end.

Thank you!

cartman#AC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
With Sprint, a Nexus 5 bought directly from Google isn't blocked from activating the Bluetooth and Wifi hotspots.
You can actually connect the devices to it without a problem.
Accessing the internet from a hotspot connected device is another story.
It doesn't work. It's blocked. :confused:
Was hoping someone else had run into these and had a solution for it.