Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Led charging light ?? without root ??

I finally got the phone, and just noticed it does not have an LED light when charging, looks like that option can only be attained if rooted ??

Default Re: No Led charging light ?? without root ??

With Active Display you really don't need an LED.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Which means what, if screen is off, how do you know it is charging ?? I just got the phone so excuse the ignorance.

My apologies. I rarely look at my phone when it is charging as I only charge before going to bed for the most part. I have found that if I turn the lock screen on, however, that it does say "charging" when plugged in. You are correct that the only way to have an LED light show when charging is by rooting the phone. Quite honestly, I would need more reason than a charging light to root the phone though... I do agree with you, though, that there should be some sort of indicator. It just never bothered me before. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DonB View Post
    Which means what, if screen is off, how do you know it is charging ?? I just got the phone so excuse the ignorance.
    You don't know it's charging while it's plugged in? 😕

Eclipsed Moto X
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well you assume it is charging, but there is no LED indicator telling you it is charged, nor is there one telling you the phone is fully charged without unlocking the phone and checking. maybe I am spoiled with HTC and Samsung, just thought it was a basic thing, no biggie, i will deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB View Post
    Well you assume it is charging, but there is no LED indicator telling you it is charged, nor is there one telling you the phone is fully charged without unlocking the phone and checking. maybe I am spoiled with HTC and Samsung, just thought it was a basic thing, no biggie, i will deal with it.
    I get where you are coming from. Maybe there is some sort of app that gives you a notification when done charging???

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

You're right. There is no LED charging indicator. Coming from Samsung it took some getting used to. In fact, there is a green LED under the earpiece but without root you'll likely never see it - which is good since if it comes on it means your battery is very nearly dead.
    Thanked by:
    DonB 

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I didn't even know other phones had LED lights to show when charging. Always been used to hitting the power button to check the lock screen, even on dumb phones years ago I don't recall a charging light on anything I had. Could just be I'm forgetting though.

I got used to the light on the One, bugs me not to have it. Mostly because I've got a cord that has to sit just right, and sometimes the cable buried in my car's center console comes out and I don't notice it not charging.

You could use llama or Tasker to play a sound or something when its fully charged. Llama is free but Tasker is not. Tasker is also more advanced. Give Llama a try. You can do a lot of cool stuff with it. It automatically turns my phone to silent at work. That's a big plus.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Tasker is for rooted devices ??, I'm not rooted, as for Liama that is mainly a profiler, have you tried it, I don't think I want my phone beeping the whole time it is in the charger.
    Last edited by DonB; 03-29-2014 at 07:13 PM.

I use llama. Ive tried both. Tasker does not require root.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    DonB 

Both llama and tasker can be used unrooted, and can do more with root. Tasker is more powerful, but llama is a lot easier to learn to use. I have both, and use llama.

So does all moto g phones not have a led charging light? is that clear?! I tried calling but I think the lady did not completely understand. Someone please answer with yes moto g doesnt not have a charging light or yes it does have a charging light