So it is not possible to unlock the bootloader of the Verizon Moto X version 4.4.4?

Ken Clark

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I got my device code and typed it into the Motorola device unlock checker and it said you can not unlock the bootloader of the Verizon Moto X without getting the dev version. Is there anyway around this or will there be in the future?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my device code and typed it into the Motorola device unlock checker and it said you can not unlock the bootloader of the Verizon Moto X without getting the dev version. Is there anyway around this or will there be in the future?

Why? If you want custom ROMs use safestrap....

tychonius

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why? If you want custom ROMs use safestrap....

Not responsive.

There are many, many reasons to want to unlock/root while not wanting to bother with a custom ROM. For example, perhaps wanting only to tether with a 3rd party app, or only run Titanium in a mode that requires root, etc.

Back to -- and bumping -- the original question: has anyone figured out how to root the non-DE version of the Verizon (XT1060) 2013 Moto X running 4.4.4?

scarpozzi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Dev edition and the unlock code checker told me my Phone wasn't eligible. Motorola Dev forums said phones purchased in the past 4 months were programmed incorrectly.

Support sent me an unlock code. I unlocked the bootloader and used Pwnmymoto and SuperSu with VZN 4.4.4 just fine to root.

If you have the non-dev version, you can't unlock the bootloader to install a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod and switch ROMs.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Support sent me an unlock code. I unlocked the bootloader and used Pwnmymoto and SuperSu with VZN 4.4.4 just fine to root.
If you unlocked your bootloader, there is no need for Pwnmymoto. Just flash TWRP, and boot to it. It will ask you if you want to root.

Pwnmymoto was a HACK needed for LOCKED bootloaders back on older roms. The vulnerabilities it exploited were fixed in 4.4 and up.