Will you be getting the Moto X Style (aka Pure Edition)?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I was so excited for the new Moto X. My only requirements were 1) improved camera, 2) solid battery life and 3) stock/near stock.

Can somebody please explain to me what is so complicated with this simple request? Now that I've had a few hours to digest the news, I'm pretty upset with 3000 mAh, specifically on a 5.7" device.

An unlocked, pure smartphone for $399 is amazing. Plus it has front facing speakers, that gorgeous display, and SD slot. But the one thing I wanted, the reason I didn't get the S6 Edge, and have been patiently waiting it out on my S4, was for a phone that had stock android and could last me from the time I woke up, to the time I went to bed, without having to worry about battery life all day.

Unfortunately, this simple, yet elusive request still hasn't been resolved, and at this point, I'm realizing compromises will need to be made ... battery life won't be one of them though!!

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you be getting the Moto X Style?

If you're on Verizon there will likely be a hybrid Motorola x play/style with the bigger battery but likely no customization options fwiw.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I was so excited for the new Moto X. My only requirements were 1) improved camera, 2) solid battery life and 3) stock/near stock.

Can somebody please explain to me what is so complicated with this simple request? Now that I've had a few hours to digest the news, I'm pretty upset with 3000 mAh, specifically on a 5.7" device.

An unlocked, pure smartphone for $399 is amazing. Plus it has front facing speakers, that gorgeous display, and SD slot. But the one thing I wanted, the reason I didn't get the S6 Edge, and have been patiently waiting it out on my S4, was for a phone that had stock android and could last me from the time I woke up, to the time I went to bed, without having to worry about battery life all day.

Unfortunately, this simple, yet elusive request still hasn't been resolved, and at this point, I'm realizing compromises will need to be made ... battery life won't be one of them though!!

I'll probably compromise with battery....it's not something I wanted to do but this thing is just so pretty. I also think it should be pretty decent,(3k isn't overly tiny) plus with quick charge it shouldn't be that big of an issue with me. As for whether I'm buying or not........I'm leaning more towards this over the OPO2 and I think the main deciding factor on whether I'll buy is if Google announces another phone or two before I can buy this one.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably compromise with battery....it's not something I wanted to do but this thing is just so pretty. I also think it should be pretty decent,(3k isn't overly tiny) plus with quick charge it shouldn't be that big of an issue with me. As for whether I'm buying or not........I'm leaning more towards this over the OPO2 and I think the main deciding factor on whether I'll buy is if Google announces another phone or two before I can buy this one.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I rarely buy any electronic device at launch, and I imagine that'll hold true with the Moto X ... it'll at least give me time to see the Nexus, which if it's similar to this but has a smaller display, USB-C and a fingerprint scanner, I'll probably go ahead and grab.

Either way, there's no denying Moto hit it out of the park today. For people that like quality products at reasonable prices, they really raised the bar and if love to give them my support.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Im still wanting to see what the new droid will be.. Im kind of on the fence about the battery size.. 3000mah is a good size, until you think of the size of the screen (and its a diff kind? How much juice does it use).

Depending on how well the phone handles power it can very well be an all day phone.. But no one can really tell until the phone is set up for real world use and the battery has a couple days to settle in.

Phone looks good, price is good, just curious to see what the new droid will be... Ive gone w the droids mainly because of battery.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Really wanted a fingerprint scanner on my next phone. Hopefully Nexus can throw out exactly what I'm looking for, otherwise I'll just live with the Moto X.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Amen.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Right now on the Android side I am leaning towards the new Moto X Pure 2015 Super Deluxe Edition, but as mentioned I see no reason to rush out to get one, I want to see what the Nexus bag looks like.

Khalid Brown1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

If Google allows this phone to run on FI and the nexus 6 stays same price then I am definitely getting.
Well gotta see how battery life is. My nexus 5 is killing me right now

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I rarely buy any electronic device at launch, and I imagine that'll hold true with the Moto X ... it'll at least give me time to see the Nexus, which if it's similar to this but has a smaller display, USB-C and a fingerprint scanner, I'll probably go ahead and grab.

Either way, there's no denying Moto hit it out of the park today. For people that like quality products at reasonable prices, they really raised the bar and if love to give them my support.

My other thought is that if the Nexus is under $500 then I might end up with both......if it costs more than $500 then I'd go for the Moto X over it anyway. So I don't think it's a huge risk atm to jump on the Moto considering the great price. But if Nexus does get leaked and/or announced fairly early then I'll certainly be paying attention to what it'll offer.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm struggling.

If I want a huge screen, OIS, stereo speakers, and fast updates, the Nexus 6 is a great device.

If I want something more manageable in size (it feels so much smaller than the nexus 6) with a fantastic camera and great SOT, the Note 4 is a great device.

I'm not sure how exactly the 2015 X adds value over either of those two devices, other than the low off contract price. But maybe that's enough. A slightly more manageable nexus 6 with an upgraded camera at a great price.

Last edited:

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty much satisfied with my Nexus 6. I see no reason for me to change. If it never existed, this phone would have definitely been on my radar.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty much satisfied with my Nexus 6. I see no reason for me to change. If it never existed, this phone would have definitely been on my radar.

if I had the Nexus 6 I would feel the same way. They're extremely close in design, quality and probably performance. Two great phones, probably the 2 best out right now, though admittedly I'm so sick of my S4 I don't consider the Note 4 or anything with TW as on the same level as stock/near stock. that's just me though!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I have a problem and will seek help, but after just one more device...

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have a problem and will seek help, but after just one more device...

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

lol, I know the deal ... so far this year I got a PS4 (with 5 games ... for my son of course!), Dell XPS 13, iPad Mini and now I need to convince the wife that not only does my Nexus 4 need to go, but the S4 as well ... oh by the way honey I won't be subsidizing these devices so please withdraw an extra $900 from the savings account. yeah, can't wait for that conversation.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I will.

Wish the battery wasa bit bigger, wish it had usb-c, wish it had ois.....

But, after dealing with the hot mess that was touchwiz on the s6 I couldn't wait to hop back on a Moto phone.

Nexus is tempting but I just love active notifications baked in from Moto.

This will be a day one purchase for me b

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

I know impossible to judge battery till its out but the internals are almost exact same as the G4 including battery size but the X has a larger screen. I'm not very happy with my G4 battery life. But stock android could even out the .2 screen size upgrade.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I might snag it . I'm considering it probably at 65%-75% area .I got a couple months to make up my mind :)

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Yes. I will.

Wish the battery wasa bit bigger, wish it had usb-c, wish it had ois.....

But, after dealing with the hot mess that was touchwiz on the s6 I couldn't wait to hop back on a Moto phone.

Nexus is tempting but I just love active notifications baked in from Moto.

This will be a day one purchase for me b

Agreed on this - I've been using an original Moto X for two years. The rest of the family uses Samsungs. My wife loves her S6, but there's no way I could put up with it after the clean, simple, and useful way Motorola built up from stock Android.

I skipped the 2014 due to it's battery issues. That said, I'm heavy on the screen time most days, so my X usually ends up on the charger during the day anyway. Even if this new one had a 4000mAh battery, I'd probably still be charging up again. The quick charge will definitely be useful for me.

In short, it's really the software that's going to keep me in the Moto X family. I don't know if I could put up with another Android powered device, even a Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2