Will the Moto X Style be compatible with Project Fi?

Kyle J

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I know the phone probably won't be supported, but I was wondering if it might work since it has all the required bands? I wonder what would happen if someone just put in a Project FI sim card...

Posted via the Android Central App

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Project FI compatibility?

I imagine it will eventually support it when Project Fi comes out of beta late this year (so they say it will). It certainly is in Motorola's best interest to have it support as many carriers as possible given they are going carrier free with the new Moto X.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Right now Project Fi only works with the Nexus 6 IIRC --- They may expand it to this phone since it is another Motorola phone but only time will tell.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The hardware probably can support it.

But it's really up to Google.

George West

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to this version because I think it's the perfect phone for Project Fi! I planned to get this phone and I want to use it on Project Fi. Google please take a look at this contender.

Posted via the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Droid-life just posted a video showing them popping in a brand new unactivated project fi sim and it seems to be working just fine. Of course more testing will have to happen but at this point it looks like it works pretty well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Droid-life just posted a video showing them popping in a brand new unactivated project fi sim and it seems to be working just fine. Of course more testing will have to happen but at this point it looks like it works pretty well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Based on what I'm seeing on the private Project Fi G+ page, that's not the case. It'll work on one carrier, but won't switch between Sprint, Tmobile, and Wifi. My Nexus 6 does.......usually LOL

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I'm seeing on the private Project Fi G+ page, that's not the case. It'll work on one carrier, but won't switch between Sprint, Tmobile, and Wifi. My Nexus 6 does.......usually LOL

Yes, they actually state in there video that they haven't tested that yet and they didn't know if that would happen. But, the good news is if Sprint or T Mobile is really good in your area, it seems you can use project Fi if you want to on the one carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21