Will the Moto X Style/Pure Edition ship with a Turbo Charger?

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering that since Motorola put a big emphasis on the new turbo charging, will the phone come with a wall brick out of the box that does this? I had to buy this separately last year for the 2014 model. I'm about to put my 2014 up on Ebay and wondering if I should include my current turbo charger to up the value.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Turbo Charger

Not sure about the turbo charger, but use Swappa. Swappa costs $10 + paypal fees. Ebay costs 10% + paypal fees. Same seller protections through Paypal (get a signature confirmation and you're all set).

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

If it was me i would keep it, but thats just my opinion. Don't know if it would raise the value enough to actually make a difference. You can always list "also have turbo charger for x amount more" and just see.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

they didn't mention if the turbo charger will be included, but for some reason I have a feeling it will be. If it were me is include it. It'll ensure a quick sale and worse case scenario you'll be out a few bucks but the good deed will bring some good karma. Def do Swappa instead of eBay though.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

If they don't include one with the phone, I wonder if they'll justify it by pointing out the phone's $399.99 starting price.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If they don't include one with the phone, I wonder if they'll justify it by pointing out the phone's $399.99 starting price.

I'd love to see them include it, but I can't blame em of they choose not to. they'll justify by saying they could've included it and charged $425 to start, or just not include it and let the consumer decide whether they want one or not .... I think that's fair, but I think it'd be a smart move if they don't include it, to maybe give a discount if you buy within 30 days or something like that

Last edited:

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I'd love to see them include it, but I can't blame em of they choose not to. they'll justify by saying they could've included it and charged $425 to start, or just not include it and let the consumer decide whether they want one or not .... I think that's fair, but I think it'd be a smart move if they don't include it, to maybe give a discount of you but within 30 days or something like that

I could see it being an add-on through Moto Maker if it's not included by default. It would be cool of them if they provided a discount if ordered at the same time or soon after.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6 ships with one, think they will do the same with Moto X 2015

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus 6 also starts at $600 retail (IIRC)? -- So it may not. If not they will just charge $25 or so for it -- I would still be willing to pay for it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 also starts at $600 retail (IIRC)? -- So it may not. If not they will just charge $25 or so for it -- I would still be willing to pay for it.
You also have to consider the fact that fast charging is becoming more common now and with all modern high end chips supporting fast charging most manufacturers will start shipping the charger along with it. Last year it was not the case, anyway we can only speculate until the phone releases.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Like Kenny mentions... the X comes in at a significantly lower price too...

Just because a phone has a feature doesn't mean it will include everything in the box. What phones come with Qi wireless chargers?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, but that phone is retailing for $450 now.

Either way, Since this phone is so cheap, he shouldn't have too big of a problem buying his own.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You also have to consider the fact that fast charging is becoming more common now and with all modern high end chips supporting fast charging most manufacturers will start shipping the charger along with it. Last year it was not the case, anyway we can only speculate until the phone releases.

Oh I definitely agree it is becoming more standard but seeing as how the Nexus 6 is more expensive it makes sense to toss in some incentives. IIRC the Moto X 2014 didn't come with it and still doesn't.

I am not saying I hope it doesn't ... I definitely do. That would rule haha :D. I am just saying if not I wouldn't be surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs