Moto X Style vs. Other Phones

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. When the deleted the Sept 3 tweet, it left us in limbo.
I'm looking for phones for the wife and me.
5.7" minimum screen, on AT&T.
IF I could figure out how to get the tmo $500 note 4 I'd get two of those and put our AT&T Sim cards in there.
Wife's phone is getting where I need to replace it very soon. Just waiting on the Xpe with my thumb in my pocket isn't going to work.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: What other phones are you considering?

Sounds like your best option at this point is the Nexus 6

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not considering any other option. I'm sold on the Moto experience (nearly stock Android) and I love the form factor. Stock Android and the Moto additions (including the notifications and speech capabilities) are things I simply can't live without. Even if the camera isn't as good as the GS6, if it's worlds better than the 2014 X, I'll still be totally happy with that.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Currently considering....Nexus 6, LG G4(Not likely), and whatever this year's Nexus will be.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I need two phones. pretty much a lock it'll be the Moto Pure and LG Nexus, but I'll check out the Hauwei Nexus too. I'll only buy unlocked, non branded, bloat free phones that run stock. Not all that concerned with specs anymore. Prefer UX, optimization and reasonable pricing.

Dregur

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm flip flopping between the Moto X Pure and Oneplus Two. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. The invite system doesn't worry me too much, I was an early adopter and early forum member. It may come down to which I can get first.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Asus Zenfone 2 perhaps?

Seems like a very nice phone in the size you're looking for. Unlocked and works on AT&T and T-mob.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML - Full phone specifications

Are you sure you AND your wife want such large phones? If so, as other posters have said, I would choose the Nexus 6. You're guaranteed the fastest software releases for at least the next 2 yrs, it has a beautiful screen, great battery life, wireless charging, and the 'pure' Android experience. The only advantage I see of the Moto X Pure versus the Nexus 6 is the Motomaker cosmetic customizations.

Last edited:

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

It's Moto X Pure or nothing for me (because of the Moto features), and that will shift my Nexus 6 into a backup role. If the Pure didn't exist, I would almost certainly get the LG Nexus to 1) stay on the cutting edge of the Nexus program and 2) give myself a smaller form factor option to the N6, just for flexibility/variety.

Heck, I may wait until the LG Nexus has gone through one or two price drops and pick one up anyway.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Asus Zenfone 2 perhaps?

Seems like a very nice phone in the size you're looking for. Unlocked and works on AT&T and T-mob.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML - Full phone specifications

Are you sure you AND your wife want such large phones? If so, as other posters have said, I would choose the Nexus 6. You're guaranteed the fastest software releases for at least the next 2 yrs, it has a beautiful screen, great battery life, wireless charging, and the 'pure' Android experience. The only advantage I see of the Moto X Pure versus the Nexus 6 is the Motomaker cosmetic customizations.
Absolutely dead certain we want BIG screens.
We've had every note except the 4. We would have bought the nexus 6 last year if it had microSD support.
We're both well over 50 and have no other access to the Internet (forget satellite, it's awful and expensive)
5.7" is our minimum or I'd have more choices.
Last year when the note 4 came out, I drove 100 miles (one way) to get my hands on one. We weren't sufficiently impressed, bought us each the thick zero lemon battery and have been content. until my wife's has started flaking. So I truly need to get her one quickly, before I start hearing about it everyday.
I was hopeful the Sept 3 date was true, but mostly doubted it.
I guess I need to go check the nexus 6 prices and figure if we can both live with less storage... like I said, these are our primary Internet devices...

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

2015 LG Nexus. Smaller form factor & updates for basically the life of the phone. Plus fingerprint scanner on the back.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I've never had a nexus but I wouldn't want to give up the moto software enhancements. I will try to keep from getting another droid to avoid Verizon's control of updates.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I'd be open to the lg nexus if the camera is better than the nexus 6.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to wait and see how the camera is compared to the G4. I want a really good camera on my next phone, but I'm not crazy about the bigger phones either, so I'm taking the wait and see approach. I want the size of the Galaxy, camera on the G4, and moto x software. It would be the perfect phone for me.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm none too happy with how all the flagships are going phablet. It's odd that Motoroloa doesn't seem interested in making a flagship phone 5.2" screen or smaller. (Moto G doesn't fit the term - flagship). Anyway, like others, I'm looking forward to the new Nexus 5. USB-C, fingerprint scanner, smaller footprint, and hopefully LG puts a camera in it that rivals their G4. If the battery life/size is better than what they did in the previous/current Nexus 5, I'm all in.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the Moto X Pure Edition for sure but then I bought the Note 5 on promotion and decided that the Note 5 was too big. Since they are the same size, I think the Pure Edition will be too big. Now my "must have" phone is the LG Nexus releasing this fall. I just hope it works on Verizon much like the N6 and the Moto X Pure Edition... I guess we'll see. For now, I'll just stick with my GS6.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am not looking for any others -- I will be snagging this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2