Will the Moto X Pure Edition (US) work with Rogers (Canada)?

Roniin

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have tired to search this up, and I think the answer is, Yes it will.

I honestly just want to be sure. It will be a hassle for me to order it from the States.

I have checked the Rogers LTE bands .

Canada Rogers 700 b c 17 FDD
Canada Rogers 1700 4 FDD
Canada Rogers 2600 7 FDD

Moto X bands:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS),1900, 2100 MHz)
CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41)

So it seems like it will work with the network. So will I just be able to buy this in the States, then bring it over to Canada, plug in my Rogers Sim card, and it should work?
Or is there something I am missing?

As far as I know Pure = Style and is completely open, once it supports the specific bands.

Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto X Pure Edition (US) work with Rogers(CA)?

I have tired to search this up, and I think the answer is, Yes it will.

I honestly just want to be sure. It will be a hassle for me to order it from the States.

I have checked the Rogers LTE bands .

Canada Rogers 700 b c 17 FDD
Canada Rogers 1700 4 FDD
Canada Rogers 2600 7 FDD

Moto X bands:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS),1900, 2100 MHz)
CDMA (800, 850, 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41)

So it seems like it will work with the network. So will I just be able to buy this in the States, then bring it over to Canada, plug in my Rogers Sim card, and it should work?
Or is there something I am missing?

As far as I know Pure = Style and is completely open, once it supports the specific bands.

Thanks.

Based on the the band information listed, it should.

Roniin

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

I might as well add on to my question...

Is there a way for me to order the phone from the States? I forgot ill need a US billing address to order off of motos site(which I don't have) and I have no idea when the style is coming to Canada, I really want this phone :(

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way for me to order the phone from the States? I forgot ill need a US billing address to order off of motos site(which I don't have) and I have no idea when the style is coming to Canada, I really want this phone :(

I don't know if you can do this, and I am not condoning fraud, but awhile back, before the U.S. Supreme Court ruled against them and shut them down, there was a U.S. company called Aereo that specialized in allowing people to stream local TV channels over the internet.

I was intrigued and wanted to try it, but it wasn't available in my area. It could also tell, based on credit card billing address that I was not in one of their market areas.

To get around this, I logged into my credit card account online and changed the billing address to a local random business in Boston, MA. After the address was changed, I went to Areo's website and put in my credit card details. Areo took my billing address and accepted it for future authorizations.

Once Areo accepted the credit card, I immediately logged back into my online account and changed the billing address to what it had been previously.

I was able to use a VPN and watch local TV in Boston, MA

You may be able to login to your credit card online and change your billing address to a U.S address temporarily. Once you give Moto the credit information, they'll probably place an authorization it to verify if it's good. After the order is completed, you could log back in to your credit card and change the billing address back.

I was also thinking of another solution. Do they sell VISA gift cards in Canada? If they do, you could probably buy one with a $500-600 balance and register it with a U.S address online and use it to purchase the phone. Good Luck.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How close are you to the US border? It might just be easier to make the trip over and get it from a Best Buy.